Cosplayer konekoanni > Costume of Melisandre (Game of Thrones)
- Most Recent Photo
- Game of Thrones
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2016
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2015
- WonderCon 2016
- WonderCon 2015
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
The dress is made with upholstery fabric using a modified version of the Andrea Schewe "unofficial official" Game of Thrones pattern. The sleeves are lined with crepe-backed satin, and the rest of the dress is unlined but fully finished and overlocked.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I had been wanting to do a Game of Thrones character for a while, and eventually decided on Melisandre, since I think my face shape suits her. I actually made the dress and had everything together in time for Halloween, but it wasn't until recently that I had a chance to really get it looking perfect.
- Styling Notes
- The wig as it comes out of the bag has too tight of ringlet curls, so I straightened and brushed out the curls to a nice wave. The braids at the hairline were also too high and too tight, so I rebraided them to match the reference photos.
- Wig Review
- The length once slightly straightened is absolutely perfect, and the color is great for the character in later seasons. It's probably too dark for her very first appearance/outfit.
Add a Comment