Login New Account
Cosplayer Reyna > Costume of Mahiru Koizumi (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)

Most Recent Photo
Super Dangan Ronpa 2
Mahiru Koizumi
Year Completed:
Construction Difficulty:
Costume worn at:
Anime Expo 2013
FanimeCon 2013
Permanent Link:
About this Costume
Construction Details:
This entire thing was made over the course of a couple days during my sewing class. During the last week or so we had nothing much to do that wasn't redoing samplers (and I got As on every one the first time), so it was coswork time for me!

I picked up the fabric (a mid-weight cotton fiber, i'm not sure of the weave) in the LA Fashion District this February. It was originally a khaki tan, so I dyed it to its current shade with a ton of kelly green and a splash of dark green RIT dye.

The jumper pattern is fairly simple; I drafted the entire thing myself. The skirt part is just your standard knife-pleated skirt, and the bodice was a quick sloper that I drew up and modified to have a scoop neck and back. The bodice and skirt are attached with a waistband.

The skirt was serged along the bottom edge, pressed up an inch, and blindstitched. I don't have any topstitching in this entire piece, since I didn't have any thread handy that matched exactly! I then pleated it with 2" pleats and set them with a vinegar and water mixture so ensure that they'd stay crisp and clean.

The bodice is fully lined (just with the shell fabric), and the buttons on it are functional, as I didn't have an invisible zipper that matched. The buttons are some nice half-inch brass ones I picked up in the Fashion District as well. The button strips are separate pieces, and I stitched in the ditch to attach them because again, no topstitching (the waistband is attached in a similar fashion).

I embroidered the emblem on the jumper myself (over the course of a d&d session). It was my first time embroidering anything, so I didn't really know what I was doing, and handsewing isn't my strongest suit to begin with. I think it turned out decently, at least. I started the emblems on the sleeves myself, but ultimately ran out of time and patience. Qnng helped me finish one at the con while I sewed some snaps for her, but we just left the other one undone because it was too much effort. I'll get it done before AX.

I made the tie myself using a light gingham cotton fabric and lined with a midweight burgundy (since it's what I had on hand). Handsewing the back was really tedious. The shoes were some cheap Walmart canvas shoes that I dyed, and the shirt was a long-sleeved shirt I bought at Ross and modified (and actually the one I wear for Togami too because all my long-sleeved shirts have princess seams WHOOPS).
Personal Thoughts:
award for cosplay with the most expensive prop goes to this one
finally a use for my broken DSLR
Add a Comment
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!