Login New Account
Cosplayer Yuqicosplays > Costume of Saber Lily (Fate/Unlimited Codes)

Most Recent Photo
Fate/Unlimited Codes
Saber Lily
Year Completed:
Construction Difficulty:
Very Difficult
Costume worn at:
AM2 2012
Anime Expo 2012
FanimeCon 2012
Permanent Link:
About this Costume
Construction Details:
Note: The armor is still incomplete and we are working hard to get the rest of it finished :). But hey, partial armor is still fun :D!

ARMOR: The armor is being made mostly by my BF Josh, though I'm helping him out with it. I won't be posting much progress on that here, but I will keep more up to date on that on our FB page if you're interested, suffice to say it is our first attempt at armor (as well as any type of prop making) and it has been a roller coaster!

DRESS: I modified Simplicity pattern 1876 for the bodice top, and then draped the rest. The top is boned, as well as each petal. The bias binding is all hand made from black suede, and the main dress is made from an ivory silk taffeta from Silk Baron backed with pink duck cloth. The bias binding on the front opening is made from white silk taffeta from Silk Baron.

EXCALIBUR: This was made for me by my friend Owlex over @ Sweatshop 202.

FOUNDATIONS: The Elliptical is made and modified from Truly Victorians elliptical pattern. I'm also wearing a set of spanx, and a waist cincher that i bought.

PETTICOATS: The tulle petticoat is a quick (and ugly) draped skirt. The pleated petticoat and the grey petticoat are sewn to the same waistband.

For the pleated petticoat I used a fine linen backed with lightweight cotton and starched and pleated the front panel. The back pleats are all sewn across the bottom of the petticoat. I also added horsehair braid around the hem to help the linen stand out from my hoops instead of just dropping.

Both the pleated petti and the grey petti are based off of the Truly Victorian Grand Parlor skirt rather then the Elliptical skirt because I needed the flat front panel. The grey is made from a synthetic grey suede.

SLEEVES: The sleeves were sadly the hardest part. It is sewn together in three parts, the top middle and bottom. The white is white silk taffeta backed in cotton, and the top part has a double layer of horsehair braid sewn into it. Their is a boned structure inside keeping the sleeves puffed out and light weight. If you want to see I can post pictures later of that if you want :). There's a wide elastic strap that I used on the inside to strap it to myself ^^

TOTAL COST (not including armor): $ 600ish
Personal Thoughts:
Had a BLAST at Fanime in Saber Lily, and it was really great meeting up with all the other Fate fans!!! I'm hoping that someday we can make it back to Fanime for sure!
Add a Comment
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 327
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 186
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 134
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 325
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 278
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 223
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 213
  • Photo 8
     Photo 8
    Comments 0 Views 226
  • Photo 9
     Photo 9
    Comments 0 Views 295
  • Photo 10
     Photo 10
    Comments 0 Views 232
  • Photo 11
     Photo 11
    Comments 0 Views 267
  • Photo 12
     Photo 12
    Comments 0 Views 381
  • Photo 13
     Photo 13
    Comments 0 Views 308
  • Photo 14
     Photo 14
    Comments 0 Views 266
  • Photo 15
     Photo 15
    Comments 0 Views 289
  • Photo 16
     Photo 16
    Comments 0 Views 325
  • Photo 17
     Photo 17
    Comments 0 Views 248
  • Photo 18
     Photo 18
    Comments 2 Views 308

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!