Cosplayer blue_eyed_fairy > Costume of Maka Albarn from Soul Eater
- Most Recent Photo
- Soul Eater
- Maka Albarn
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best Skit Portcon Main 2009, Best In Show Advanced Bakuretsu Con 2012
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Boston 2009
- Another Anime Convention 2009
- Bakuretsu Con 2012
- ConnectiCon 2009
- PortConMaine 2009
- Queen City Kamikaze / Kamecon 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I am very proud to say that I made every thing for this costume, but the tie. The boots were a goodwill find and then I added all the detail. I could not find a plaid that was like her skirt so I stitched it on my self- it took forever, but I was proud in the end.
My scythe (Soul) was an experiment. I take the train into Boston I needed a way to make him easy to transport. I used screw together paint rod extenders and attached the scythe head made from luon to one section. The extenders came in one foot sections- and I had 6 all together. I kinda worked. It was humid and half way threw Saturday the screw pieces started to strip, and I had to remove one part that no longer fit tight.
For Bakuretsu I made a flag that looked like the blade performed a short color guard routine. It turned out pretty well!
- Personal Thoughts:
- I think over all it came out pretty good. I started 3 months before the con, but still found my self working on things to the last possible second! The skirt was what most of my time went into. It didn't even turn out the way I wanted. I was very dumb in the fabric store that day and picked a knit type- they don't pleat well. I did pleat it, but in most of the pictures you can't tell. I reworked it a bit before Portcon, and ended up shorting it- a little to much! When I was going threw the pictures I thought "Oh now its like the anime, Maka's has the incredible shrinking skirt!"
Then I reworked it again for Bakuretsu Con 2012 and finished it off nicer. Also ended up re lining and re doing the sleeves on the jacket.