New to ACP and Beginner Cosplayer! (Help?)

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
Inksie

New to ACP and Beginner Cosplayer! (Help?)

Post by Inksie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi there! I'm Inksie. I've only been cosplaying for a few years and all of them have been fairly simple cosplays that I could pretty much create within my closet (like Rose Tyler from Doctor Who or Molly Hooper from Sherlock), but this year I want to do something that requires a little more effort.

I really want to cosplay Hinata Hyuuga (Shippuden) from the Naruto series and while I would love to be able to style my own hair to look like hers...

...I'm unfortunately blonde. The convention I will be going to is during the school year so I'd rather not experiment with dying my hair.

I don't know anything about wigs except that the idea of one makes me nervous. I don't have a lot of money for really great wigs since I'm in college, but I would still like for it to look nice and be fairly easy to take care of (ie. *little tangling). Is it possible to find a decent wig like that for under $30? Also, if anyone has tips on how to make her leg holster, that would be lovely as well!

Thank you and I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask this in!