Misao's ninja knives

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Pokegirl

Misao's ninja knives

Post by Pokegirl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 pm

MIsao from rurouni kenshin,how woudl you make her knives?--they can't be real,or pointy or deadly!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:27 pm

pic?

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:33 pm

oh,sorry,here's one with her knives http://www.anime.qiguang.net/galleries/ ... action.jpg

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:45 pm

That's easy, it's a Mongolian Dagger style. Well, you can try to find either cyrstals or Prisms that are shapped like that, than glue them to a large rod with hotglue; Than add a wrapping.

if you're looking for a project, get some pine or blasa splints made for modles airplanes and make a 2, 2-D Diamonds:
/\
\/
and fill them with hot glue. slice one in half and hotglue togeth, now fill in with hot glue. you could also make a slit on the bottom point to the center, this way you can fit them over each other.

For wood, do the same, but with wood glue.

now glue the blades to wodden rods. that's about it.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:34 am

Extra thick craft foam may also work. It's more pricey than the regular craft foam so you'll want to make a dummy out of paper or cardboard first to get your dimensions correct. Cut and glue your shapes together (remember to leave an extra tab on the ends of the blades to go into your handle), then paint details, and you'll have the safest set of ninja gear around.

If you want to use Sterling's technique with the interlocking diamonds, substitute regular craft foam for the balsa. That particular shape plus the glue won't be floppy. ^_^

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:17 am

thanks guys^^ I don't hvae alot of time,with home school and karate,(and nintendo DS:P)so,do you think sculpting them out of some kinda clay would work?I use crayola(it's crappy,but it's the only thing I got)or should I go for soemthing else?

Fialchar

Post by Fialchar » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:57 am

You could always steal some of the chandolier crystals out of someone's house and replace them after the cosplay ;)

Become the wind, the divine wind, and into the darkness disappear..

~†t+-來~§ђǻŁǻ₣ï~來-+t†~

Pokegirl

Post by Pokegirl » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:29 pm

ahehehehe...^^;;; :D