Gunner Yuna FFX-2 costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Biske/Biskat

Gunner Yuna FFX-2 costume

Post by Biske/Biskat » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:58 pm

This is my first costume ever, and I really wanted to take the plunge here, so that's why I went with Yuna.

I'm not having too much trouble at this point, considering I've only just started, but if anyone has any useful tips for me, that'd be appreciated.

Really, I'm having problems finding remotely identical yet still fairly cheap boots...other than that, I haven't had too much issues. Also, what kind of fabric should I use on the sideskirt and do you think I'll need to dye it?

And I've been thinking about the Zanarkand symbol on her top as well, and I was thinking I could just use a semi-thick ribbon to do that, and maybe put some sort of coating over it, since it might be flimsy, I just don't know what.

besides that, I haven't run into any more big problems, I've just been planning things out.
Cons I've been to:
SugoiCon03
OhayoCon04
Costume currently working on:
Gunner Yuna from FFX-2

Tia

Post by Tia » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:49 pm

Ooh, I'm sure you can get loads of help from our girls. ^_^ I know definitely that two of the cosplayers here did gunner Yuna (very well, I might add) and they could probably help you out. I think it was Ashley and somebody else (I have a terrible memory when it comes to people and names, gomen nasai =/). About the boots, actually one of my friends has an identical pair (if they are those brown suede boots she wears, which I think that's the ones you mean), and I actually keep wanting to tell her to cosplay Yuna. I'll ask her where she found them, okay? Best of luck with your costume! =)
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Biske/Biskat

Post by Biske/Biskat » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:13 pm

Tia wrote:Ooh, I'm sure you can get loads of help from our girls. ^_^ I know definitely that two of the cosplayers here did gunner Yuna (very well, I might add) and they could probably help you out. I think it was Ashley and somebody else (I have a terrible memory when it comes to people and names, gomen nasai =/). About the boots, actually one of my friends has an identical pair (if they are those brown suede boots she wears, which I think that's the ones you mean), and I actually keep wanting to tell her to cosplay Yuna. I'll ask her where she found them, okay? Best of luck with your costume! =)
Thank you very much! ^__^ Yeah, I'm still worrying about where to find boots, and I believe the brown suede ones are for Songstress Yuna, instead of the Gunner costume. But I'd appreciate knowing where to find them all the same, since my best friend is going as Songstress Yuna herself, and will therefore need those boots anyway. So it would be very helpful all the same. =D Thank you for being so kind!
Cons I've been to:
SugoiCon03
OhayoCon04
Gunner Yuna from FFX-2

Tia

Post by Tia » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:32 pm

You're welcome. Hmm, I thought that Yuna wore the same boots with all her costumes. Do you have a picture of Gunner? I haven't played the game in quite a while. Hmm. Well, I'll ask tomorrow morning when I see her in Lit. of the Occult (provided she's there, she wasn't there on wednesday and I'm not sure why). Maybe she'd know where to find some other boots that you could use for Gunner, I don't know. She's usually good with fashion stuff.

Biske/Biskat

Post by Biske/Biskat » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:12 am

Here's a good reference pic: http://www.freewebz.com/spiras-angel/im ... outfit.jpg I know where I can get some, honestly, I just don't want to spend the money to get them, so I'd like to try and find some cheaper look-alikes.
Cons I've been to:
SugoiCon03
OhayoCon04
Gunner Yuna from FFX-2

Tia

Post by Tia » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:58 am

Hmm. Well, she said she found them at Burdines. She said they were normally kind of pricey but that she bought them towards the end of the season (I guess she meant fall) so they were cheaper. You might try doing that. Or checking out some vintage clothing or thrift stores. It all depends on how the town you live in is, because some are better for that than others.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:25 pm

for the zanarzand symbol, I'd use a piece of that lightweight craft foam. Its light, moldable, and looks way better than anything else. Real easy. ^__^
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Biske/Biskat

Post by Biske/Biskat » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:23 pm

I might just do that, thank you! ^__^ BTW, is your real name Laura? Mine is too. xD

I've actually been finding some decnt possibilites for boots on eBay lately, and though I haven't come across anything too brilliant, I'm planning to check back everyday to see what's up.
Cons I've been to:
SugoiCon03
OhayoCon04
Gunner Yuna from FFX-2

Tia

Post by Tia » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:26 am

Ah, that's good that you've been able to find stuff on ebay. Usually it's hard to find the right shoes on it.