Gundam Wing OZ Uniform

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
RottenOnion

Gundam Wing OZ Uniform

Post by RottenOnion » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:22 am

So i'm gonna cosplay Trowa Barton from GW and i don't really feel like just wearing a blue turtle neck (or nurtle tech as i so affectionatly call them) and jeans and i don't really wanna dress up as a clown so i've opted for the OZ Uniform that Mr.Barton wears in some eppisodes.Sounds good right?

BUT! My only problem is i have no idea how i'm going to start it ^_^All i really need help on is the jacket/top. Thanks a bunch!

"Quick! Fill in the blanks!"
LJ

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:20 am

www.cheaperthandirt.com excelent store for Cheap/used Millitary items. I got Swis Como for 99 cents.

Black Military dress boots
Off-white Buckaneir or dress pants
civil war military shirt
good luck with the details

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:52 am

What kind of material are you going to use for the jacket If you use something too light it will sag so I suggest you inveest in good quality unifrom material.
Don't try to alter someone elses unifrom because that is a lot of work. More than you really imagine. Also for the the collar you need trim don't try to use binding tape it will come out uneven.
As for the pattern try a pattern from McCalls or Butterick in the historical section. They should have one. However don't follow the pattern to the stitch because they are usually too big. Just get the general idea of the form and then use a suit jacket or a tight fit T-shirt as your guide to your size. Of course you should do the basic measurements of yourself first.

Or you can just commission if they turns out too complicated. :)

RottenOnion

Post by RottenOnion » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:15 pm

Thanks so much! Both of you!
"Quick! Fill in the blanks!"
LJ