How make Huge Zabuza or Cloud Sword?!?!?!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
anime freak-4-2-0

How make Huge Zabuza or Cloud Sword?!?!?!

Post by anime freak-4-2-0 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:33 pm

anykind og sword, any material, any information....

i just need to kno what too do because im new at this.

thank you! :D
Im always lookin for girls who like the same stuff as me and live mear me, i love naruto, i want to be a ninjitic assasin when i grow up, lmao, final fantasy series kicks ass too!

banryuu

Well...

Post by banryuu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:15 pm

I'm still new myself but I like playing around with that sort of thing. For a sword that large you want something light weight... so your arm doesn't fall off half way through the day. Aswell as something durible, brakeage is not fun. I'd say either a light weight wood or a dense foam. And if your rich (which I'm not) resin is the best way to go. Oh and when I say foam I do NOT mean stira foam (unless you want it to be bumpy poures and have the atendence to snap in half. The foam I'm talking about is that canned spray foam you would use a pice of wood or a PVC pipe (depending on the thikness) as the center and spray more then you need both lenght and width wise. Once it drys and hardes up use powertools (fun) and CAREFULLY shape the lump into a sword. Once you get the desired shape and size prime it then pain it as you see fit. Hope that helps and wors for you. The wood is heaveyer no matter what but less trouble. The foam might be your best results. (takes a lot of foam). And try a smaller scale one to test it out first. I've had many OH SH%* projects.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:52 pm

The one I made was out of Pine, huge with only 5lbs

clover_keat

Post by clover_keat » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:34 am

I'm making a Zabuza cosplay for my friend to borrow, and when I end up wearing it eventually I'll need to make the sword *sigh* I figure I'll just make it out of wood. I don't really care how heavy it is as long as it's not over 15 lbs XD