Lulu skirt

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Laura92

Lulu skirt

Post by Laura92 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:59 pm

ok...my issue:

I am making my Lulu costume. the belts, however are not quite as cooperative as the rest of the outfit. Let me explain:

I only have 4 actual belts on the skirt, the rest of them are made of felt with little buckles on them. All these 'belts' sag in the middle of the skirt opening...I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what I could do about that so they would look stretched across, like a support for the belts? I dont know if you can understand any of this, its kinda hard to explain. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated though.

Thanks!

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:08 pm

Alright, I know that someone here on these forums has used this before so they can tell you what exactly they used. But this simple problem can be solved by using a system that will keep the dress up. I forget what to use exactly but using this will give it a frame and keep everything up and stretched.

Boning and piping, I believe it was, if used right will keep everything in place...

>.> Did anyone just notice how I wrote the same thing in that whole paragraph? I think this is the most unhelpful post I've made on this damn forum.