Cosplayer TifaIA > Costume of Lady Lilith (Final Fantasy XI)
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Time: Approx. 150 Hours with a year of planning and material gathering.
Materials: Spandex, craft foam, macramé cord, resin, silicone, latex, Styrofoam, papier-mâché, paint, floral wire, chicken wire, stretch polyester fabric, jeweler’s wire, stretch cotton, plastic boning, body paint, model magic, leather.
Dream costume #2. Done.
Time to get a new dream!
I fell in love with the character design when it was first released in 2008. It’s gone through very minor alterations since the game’s release, and I still love it! Of course I love it. She’s a bad guy. :D
This was the first time I have made a corset, fully boned, to act as the harness for the wings. I also made the ears by creating my own silicone molds and forming them out of latex.
The most challenging part was making the dress, of all things. Mostly because this is all spandex and I wanted to make it as wrinkle-free for the flesh areas as possible. I ended up using the freezer paper/appliqué method. Still had to hand sew a lot of it, but I’m quite happy with the results. After which, I had to stand still for 8 hours painting myself in the dress and letting everything dry. That was fun too.
Horns in the wig! I’ve already had a few people ask me about this. It’s really simple. Cut into the wig. Sew felt into the lace top. Attach more felt onto the ends of the horns. Insert horns. Sew together. Use tacky glue to cover up any open holes/bald spots that may have formed while cutting the lace open and wrap wig fibers around. I also make a headband using 16 gauge jewelers wire wrapped in craft foam and attach them to the horns inside the wig to give them more stability.
Left to do: Convince someone to be my dark red mage minion. Or Lilisette. Either would work.
Add a Comment