Login New Account
Cosplayer Tranquility > Costume of Vulcan (Odin Sphere)

Most Recent Photo
Odin Sphere
Special Variation:
Fiery attack mode transformation
Year Completed:
Construction Difficulty:
Costume worn at:
Anime Festival Orlando / AFO 2010
Metrocon 2010
Permanent Link:
About this Costume
Construction Details:
Odin Sphere is such a visually stunning and fun game so when Kapalaka told us she was forming an Odin Sphere group, Hanamaru and I had to get in on the action. We chose to be Onyx's Vulcans because they are fiery and fierce and we hadn't seen them cosplayed before. Hanamaru and I planned and worked on everything together. We cut the horns out of cardboard and she built them up with paper mache and coated them with resin and paint. We created a pattern for the head pieces and made them out of red fur. I covered the headpieces entirely with a crinkly iridescent sheer orange fabric that we randomly found on clearance and I trimmed every edge to make it look like fire. Hannah created fire shaped stencils and traced them onto orange and yellow cellophane. We cut the pieces out together and she attached them all to the wig in between my fabric layers. I tailored and modified the bodysuits to fit us and carved foam chests which we spray glued to the inside of the suits to create a more Vulcany body shape. We had a gradient dying disaster which involved us successfully dying everything in my house with poly dye except the bodysuits, so I ended up painting both of the suits by hand. Haha. I tried to give the suits a messy burnt effect. We got metallic puff paint and black sand that I used to make a textured molten rock spotted pattern on the upper body. I made our thongs from clear cord, beads, and metallic spandex and we hand sewed them on to each other's bodysuits. I made the buckles out of vinyl and model magic and painted/weathered them. Hannah made both pairs of gloves and I made both pairs of boot covers. We ran out of time to make the swords so I cut the shape out of foam board and let my brother and boyfriend finish them for us. Thanks guys! I cut out and attached the flames to the hilts. We chose an original makeup scheme because we wanted to appear to be partially transformed but we will probably change it to look more accurate to the art next time we wear them. :D
Add a Comment
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 199
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 232
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 173
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 186
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 253
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 205
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 153
  • Photo 8
     Photo 8
    Comments 0 Views 187
  • Photo 9
     Photo 9
    Comments 0 Views 176
  • Photo 10
     Photo 10
    Comments 0 Views 190
  • Photo 11
     Photo 11
    Comments 0 Views 167
  • Photo 12
     Photo 12
    Comments 0 Views 173
  • Photo 13
     Photo 13
    Comments 0 Views 345
  • Photo 14
     Photo 14
    Comments 0 Views 238
  • Photo 15
     Photo 15
    Comments 0 Views 271
  • Photo 16
     Photo 16
    Comments 0 Views 269
  • Photo 17
     Photo 17
    Comments 0 Views 238
  • Photo 18
     Photo 18
    Comments 0 Views 239
  • Photo 19
     Photo 19
    Comments 0 Views 412
  • Photo 20
     Photo 20
    Comments 0 Views 323
  • Photo 21
     Photo 21
    Comments 0 Views 335
  • Photo 22
     Photo 22
    Comments 0 Views 310
  • Photo 23
     Photo 23
    Comments 1 Views 352

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!