kagome-chan

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
AutumnsLastRose

kagome-chan

Post by AutumnsLastRose » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:31 am

hey ^.^ im goin to be goin to my first anime convention with my other virgin convention friends in october or november...heh i was wondering does any1 have patterns for a decent kagome outfit?! hehe thankies...sorry for bein such a newb >.<

Tia

Post by Tia » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:38 am

Well, the skirt is pretty easy to do, it's just very very short (I would definitely recommend wearing bike shorts with this one). It's just a normal pleated skirt, and there is already a lengthy thread on that in construction help. The shirt isn't really that complex either. The main difficulty would be the cuffs and the collar. A few of us are struggling with collars right now for other costumes, but there is also a thread for that in construction help. The only other thing is make sure you buy the right socks, or make them. They've got to be really baggy but have an elastic that will fit tightly on your calf so they hang like Kagome's do. Also, you'll need to make sure for her tie thing that you use a very lightweight fabric and make it so it wraps around and under the collar and then is held together by the little strap thing attached to the bottom of her collar. For the chikon jewel/bow and arrow/wig, you might want to see if you can get a commissioner to do them for you.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

AutumnsLastRose

Post by AutumnsLastRose » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:01 pm

i see the thread for skirts but not for collars =/

Tia

Post by Tia » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:01 pm

Oh, that's right. It's entitled "classic schoolgirl outfit" or something like that.

InuYashalvr4488

Kagome coplay

Post by InuYashalvr4488 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:49 pm

The costume is easy to make, the collar seems difficult, but it really isn't. I made my Kagome costume by just looking at a picture and it turned out great! As soon as I can I will post a pic of my costume. Until then good luck!

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:21 pm

Just wondering, how did you do the collar? I've heard a lot of different ways (we've been discussing this for a while), and I'm interested in hearing how some other people did the collar successfully. And how did you get the ribbon trim to be straight if you made the front curved? I had to cheat a little bit...

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:47 pm

A small hint on the ribbon, it wasn't originally a ribbon. ^_~

InuYashalvr4488

Kagome-chan

Post by InuYashalvr4488 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:54 pm

The collar for me was pretty simple, but I cheated a bit as well. First I cut out the general shape of the collar(the big green piece). When you look at the back of the collar it is a straight rectangle shape, but it curves down into a half circle in the front. I began to cut the curve where the collar hung on the shoulders. Make sure you hem the collar before adding the white. Next I cut the head hole out and hemmed that. Then I added the little green triangleto the front(the little part right above the red scarf/ribbon that lies on the neck with the white strip that goes straight across). The hardest part was the white strips because they have to hemmed on both sides and they have to be the same size. The are about a inch to an inch and a half from the edge of the collar. The back part of the collar is easy because the run in a straight line. The front is a tad more difficult. You have to use mutiply strips to do the curve not just one. For the red bow tied in front I found a light weight thin red scarf that I tied onto the collar. You can either hand sew(what I did0 or machine sew that collar to the shirt. Hope I was of help! If you have any questions feel free to ask!!
If knowledge is power and power is corrupt, aren't schools teaching us to be evil?
http://www.regnodelleanime.com/Videosig ... uyasha.jpg

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:01 pm

Out of topic, but I just noticed something on your sig, Inu. It says power is corrput, but that's wrong. It should be that absolute power corrupts absolutely. ^^ And yes, schools are teaching us to be evil. Just a few weeks ago, I learned how to make gunpowder out of things I can find easily around the neighborhood. I also learned how to kill someone and get rid of most of the evidence. ^^

Tia

Post by Tia » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:39 pm

Okay, then what was the ribbon originally? *really needs to know because she's in the process of putting the ribbon on* Wait a minute. You mean whenever a schoolgirl has the bits of trim that looks like ribbon it's just a piece of fabric cut into a strip in the shape of the collar? So you won't have trouble with it not folding right? Oh, God, I can't believe it confused me so much. It's a good thing I bought a bunch extra of the material I used for the edging on the skirt; I can just use that inside-out (it's shiny material).

Shinigami-X

Post by Shinigami-X » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:25 pm

Well, I just took apart my gf's old school uniform, since she goes to private school. I found that her collar was made into two layers, giving it the brighter white look. So it's basically two sheets of white fabric with a strip cut out from another sheet of fabric and put between the two white ones. There was also another collar style I've messed with that used one layer with a "ribbon" put onto it, but it was actually just cut-out fabric that had the edges sewn on the inside. Both versions have their own advantages to them, but I have yet to see an actual ribbon used for the collar. The bad part would be having all the extra fabric, so I guess a ribbon would be alright.

Tia

Post by Tia » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:52 pm

Yeah. Since I went through all the annoyances of making the collar work for ribbon, I guess I might as well do it that way now. Maybe I'll try those ways later, though...