Sango costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
~Sango~

Sango costume

Post by ~Sango~ » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:16 am

hi! im making a sango costume (as you probubly guessed). I know how to make the bodysuit, boomerang, and the mask , but how to make the armor (and have it look good) confuses me. if anyone could help in would be great.

InuYashalvr4488

Sango-chan armor

Post by InuYashalvr4488 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:02 pm

Omeasan! I thought what might be good is to make a oil based clay mold of the armor and then fill it with water based plaster and then paint it. It is just I thought I am not positive of the results. I have to make a Sango costume as well and I might try that way to make the armor. Could you please give me some hints on how to make the body suit?! Thanks very much! Hey if you have time check out my website! The address is under my profile! TTYL!

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:28 pm

try to find a black leotard that isn't see through, there might be one out there. Otherwise, I really don't know Sango too well. Sry.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Dark_Tiger

Re: Sango-chan armor

Post by Dark_Tiger » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:44 pm

InuYashalvr4488 wrote:Omeasan! I thought what might be good is to make a oil based clay mold of the armor and then fill it with water based plaster and then paint it. It is just I thought I am not positive of the results. I have to make a Sango costume as well and I might try that way to make the armor. Could you please give me some hints on how to make the body suit?! Thanks very much! Hey if you have time check out my website! The address is under my profile! TTYL!
heh, that's one step short of how I do everything. I make armor (or weapons) by first making it out of "soft" plasticina (fancy name for modeling clay, but that's what you want to ask for if you're getting it in moderate amounts, I get it in 6 pound bricks) then make a latex or plaster negiative mold off of that. Then I fill it with whatever I'm making the piece out of.

For Sango's armor, I've always had a mental image of it being flexable and leathery, so I'd think about making them out of latex rubber, assuming you can figure out a way to paint it without cracking. I've found that pretty much anything can be gotton at my local pearl store but I suppose any good art supply would have them.

For the body suit, I think I saw a pattern for one last time I was flipping through books at Joann's, but don't quote me on that.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:25 pm

You know, if you're intending to do a lot of bodysuits or you want to really get it perfect, you might want to do something like the duct tape method and make a mold of your body that way and then you can just make it so that it fits very tightly over the mold. It'd also be easier to pin it all together since you wouldn't need somebody to help you (and they usually end up pricking you more than the fabric anyways).
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.