Laguna Loire for ANime X 05. Need costume help/can't sew

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Kuraudo

Laguna Loire for ANime X 05. Need costume help/can't sew

Post by Kuraudo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:41 pm

Hey guys/gals, this is my first post. Konnichiwa! こんにちわ
I want to cosplay as Laguna, Final Fantasy 8. 
ラグナ フィナルファンタシVIII
I am busy with 5 classes a quarter on game design/animation so that takes up all my time and don't really want to devote a whole lot of time more to trying to figure out something new and have it look like junk by the time AX arrives. Oh sigh..I will bend a little.. :wink:

I think i can get the pants and boots, just buy em at the store. But how can i go about getting the jacket?
My Godmother had this nice black hair wig and it worked well on me, but being real hair its real expensive, so whats my next best bet and doesn't look cheap or halloweenish 'gasp!'
The gun? I know that anywhere in the US, that toy guns now have a new law that they must be other colors beside silver or black, not just the tip being Orange, but the whole thing yadda yadda.
Oh even the shirt i seen nowhere. I wished i can sew, but i don't have money to screw it up and rebuy.

Or should i bug people in the for sale area?

Got links folks?

height 5'8
weight 165,..going down rapidly on my diet.
down 10 lbs from 3 weeks :D

Thanks everyone!
ありがとうございました!
わたしはベタナムーチョク陣です。 Not Japanese, but learning the lingo!

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:56 am

well, if you can't sew, try a second hand store or ebay for some clothing that looks similar to Laguna's. Thats probably the easiest, cheapest way you can do it with no sewing.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!