Kikyou arm drawstrings

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Sailor Saturn

Kikyou arm drawstrings

Post by Sailor Saturn » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 am

How would I make the drawstrings on her arm sleeves to my exsisitng Kikyo cosplay? Since I make the tie for the pants on the side, and not the front, I want the rest of it to be accurate. Thanks!
Saturn Planet Power!

I am Sailor Saturn, the Silent Scout of destruction!

Look at me, Look what I can do!

Known as: Sailor Saturn, Sailor Kikyo, and Little Miwako

Nausicaa

Post by Nausicaa » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:21 am

Hi Sailor Saturn,

This is just a guess but how about getting a red ribbon (matte if you can, not shiny), making small slits at the appropriate intervals, and threading the ribbon through. If you want to make sure the slits won't fray, you can use FrayCheck or button-hole stitch them.

Did you know there is a new live-action Sailor Moon series on in Japan? I'm not a SM fan but I noticed it on J-list today.

Good luck! :D

alechan

Post by alechan » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:37 pm

yes it is easy just get a the ribbon trought . it is easy thats the way I did it.....

InuYashalvr4488

Kikyo drawstrings

Post by InuYashalvr4488 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:22 pm

my mom made me an awesome kikyo costume! For the drawstrings she did button holes every 4 to 5 inches or something, then she got a thin but sturdy red ribbon and threaded it through the holes. She told me it was difficult to make the button holes to you may want some help from a family member or local craft store!

Tia

Post by Tia » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:18 pm

Ribbon sounds like it'd work fine, or you can do what we're doing for the Inuyasha we got commissioned. It's going to be rat-tail (it's really cheap and you can find it a lot of places). I think it feels a little better than ribbon, that's why I wanted to use it. And you can use the same thing for her little thread necklace. I can't remember if it's red or black, though. But what the hey, you can always use extra rat-tail.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.