has anyone successfully pulled of clouds hair?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
glass snow

has anyone successfully pulled of clouds hair?

Post by glass snow » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:15 pm

Alrighty, a friend of mine needs to be able to pull cloud's hair off, so..if anyone has done this before, or has experiance with spikes...please reply..
pictures are nice too... :lol:
many bows and thank you's!
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:45 pm

You should read the "wig help" thread farther down on here... lots of good construction advice about wigs.
~Kia-chan

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:15 pm

ohh..alrighty thank you..
but this is concerning real hair not a wig, and i really did not see any other forum to put this in....
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Well, even though I've done a Cloud wig before, they really aren't so hard to pull off as compared to the time that goes into it. Since you're doing it on real hair, the trick is to at least have the right length and then get styling products that are used for that sort of thing.

I mean, there are a few products listed on cosplay.com that they know will hold your hair together like cement. So, from there, I would just suggest a friend helping out.

Come to think of it, there's a person on cosplay.com, Cicatrice, I *think*, and she ended up pulling off the Cloud hairstyle from AC beautifully.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

Dantetheblack

whenn i did it

Post by Dantetheblack » Tue May 18, 2004 7:38 pm

When i did it i was focusing on the advent children cloud hair.That hair is simple get straight hair apply gel.It looks pretty cool with full costume.But if you have your heart set i might be able to help you with my new idea.Me and my friend came up with it when she was doing a very complicated hair-do ...wires i know crazy but you take a wire bend in shape you want apply hairgel and glue where needed... that should take care of big parts.

For smaller take hair pull out apply gel
ALOT to root and apply normal to rest of strands

someone probly came up with the wires idea befor me but ohh well ..btw .Im a guy with 1foot 5 inch hair and i am barely able to pull of old school cloud hair if you (friend) has anything under it will be rather challenging and the AC cloud hair will look much better
your new name is Mid-Boss
-laharal

dood - prinny squad

For a smile never ends without tears to begin ~Flogging Molly

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Wed May 19, 2004 9:08 am

I like the idea Dante, but Ashley would say the same thing in that wires really aren't necessary to pull off the Advent or the old school look. Patience, hair cement (or Ice), hair dryer, and working upside down is really all you need.

-Amber
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

sum_of_a_beef

Post by sum_of_a_beef » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:04 pm

Tip- Use gel at first. While at the convention, hairspray it every once and a while. I saw a guy in a wakka costume who kept on doing that.
HANE HAETERUN?
-Haibane Renmei