Homestuck cosplay advice?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Dreamcatcher_Laura

Homestuck cosplay advice?

Post by Dreamcatcher_Laura » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm planning on cosplaying as Terezi from Homestuck for a con in July, so I have a little bit of time but this is my first cosplay and seeing as I'm not at all decent at building crafts and stuff, I need some advice on how to approach it. Here's a list of

Things I have:
-Hair [we have the same kind of hair, lol]
-Her shirt
-black pants
-red shoes

Things I need
-Her horns [thinking about using Crayola Model Magic + acrylic paint]
-Her red tinted glasses
-makeup

The horns: I know trolls are a popular thing to cosplay but I have no idea how people make the horns...do they mold them from clay or foam or what? What are the usual materials and where can I find them?

The glasses: To me, this is the biggest issue with this costume. Why? Because I wear glasses, and I need them to see (I don't use contacts). But whatever, I'll figure something out probably just alternate eyewear. I know now where to get them, I just need to cut around the edges to make the right shape.

The makeup: The consensus is that Ben Nye makes for the best cosplay makeup. I just need to know which type (water-soluble powder or liquid) to buy.

If anyone has some tutorials, links, or any sort of tips or recommendations that would be helpful.

-EDIT-
Got the shoes, know where to get the glasses, added makeup to the list (I can't believe I forgot)
Last edited by Dreamcatcher_Laura on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xylofunk

Re: Homestuck cosplay advice?

Post by xylofunk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 pm

For the horns, you might be able to use paper clay, or craft foam, or expandable foam that you carve out and cover with something (paper mache).

For the glasses, I found this. Though this doesn't really solve your current problem. You could always take the lenses and frames from an existing pair of red tinted sunglasses and attach them to the front of yours temporarily.
\[OwO]/ [/OwO]/ \[OwO]/ \[OwO\] \[OwO]/

Please visit our awesome cosplay blog! Just click here!

Thanks everyone!

\[OwO]/ [/OwO]/ \[OwO]/ \[OwO\] \[OwO]/

Dreamcatcher_Laura

Re: Homestuck cosplay advice?

Post by Dreamcatcher_Laura » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks for the link!