Inuyasha Kinmono

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
hex_zerg

Inuyasha Kinmono

Post by hex_zerg » Fri May 21, 2004 4:53 pm

I already made the prayer beads. Should i make it out of cotton? Come on I need help.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Fri May 21, 2004 6:03 pm

Most of the time people make it out of cotton. It seems like a flexible enough costume though that you can really make it out of anything that doesn't shine.

-Amber
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

anime_Squall

Post by anime_Squall » Sun May 23, 2004 7:31 am

:P ooooh..yasha.. I see a lot of people cosplaying him, all you need is a pattern for a samuri costume(like kenshin) and make it out of cotton because its a light fabric. IF you make it out of a heavy fabric you'll drown in sweat :shock: , trust me after being a full costume jedi knight I know those cons can get really hot when alot of people are in a room(like the dealers room). get a white wig and I suggest the pointiest cat ears you can find.
good look dude,__amber
if you dress as kurama and get a hiei to walk you on a leash you get loads of attention..

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Sat May 29, 2004 5:22 pm

go on ebay. its ridiculous how many completed inu yahsa red-jumpsuit things there are. Its disgusting almost.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sun May 30, 2004 12:50 am

All it is is Hakama pants with elastic ankle-bands, and a robe with slits on the arms.... THAT'S IT!

ChibiNeko

Post by ChibiNeko » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:53 pm

...The real question is, how would you make that fold-type thing in the front? Not only that, the slits in the shoulders suggest that it's an outer jacket (I can't for the life of me remember what it's called), so then would his off-white kimono under that be his under- or outer-kimono???
"I don't think sumos normally eat radios."
--Wagener Sensei

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:19 am

The fold are pleats you can make they by simple folding the fabric in the direction or directions you want before you stay stitch. Then to finish off you sew on the belt piece and slip stitch it close over the interior seams. I hope this makes sense I am not sure how else to explain it.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:07 am

HAKAMA PANTS! Also, the inner robe thingy is just a normal white robe, nothing much else. Try getting a "V" cut shirts under the red robes. Yes, that outer jacket is just red robes.

I have a picture of mysef wearing Hakama pants, they're very baggy. would you like to see?

ChibiNeko

Post by ChibiNeko » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:12 am

wingruby, I wasn't talking about the hakama, I've made those before. I was talking about his kimono shirt thing....
"I don't think sumos normally eat radios."
--Wagener Sensei

anime_Squall

inuyasha...

Post by anime_Squall » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:31 am

well hope it turns out ok....
if you dress as kurama and get a hiei to walk you on a leash you get loads of attention..