In need of serious help!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
tehesillytoast

In need of serious help!

Post by tehesillytoast » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey Everyone!!
I am a huge fan of cosplay and I really want to get into it. However right now I am brand new to this whole thing -.-

Currently I am going to be attempting to create a Rapunzel costume (Rapunzel from the Disney movie Tangled) for Halloween. I have no idea where to start with the dress however.

I was just wondering if someone could give me a few pointers on the easiest simplest way to create Rapunzels Dress?

It would be greatly appreciated Thank You =]

Twinkly_Keepers

Re: In need of serious help!

Post by Twinkly_Keepers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 am

What you might be able to do is look for some other fantasy/Disney princess dress patterns. I know they're out there (I've seen them in thrift stores, lol).

If the pattern you buy looks similar enough, a few tweaks might be enough to make it look the same. If you're scared about it not fitting right, you can buy some really cheap fabric to practice sewing with, and test out your pattern on that, and then after you've altered it to fit, use it as a basis for your final dress.

ShinraSpy

Post by ShinraSpy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 pm

I agree with the @Twinkly_Keepers. Start with a pattern.

Simplicity is my favorite pattern company because they have the best selection and the easiest step-by-step directions. I know for sure they have a child-sized Rapunzel pattern, but I'm not sure if they have it for an adult (they do have Snow White and Cinderella, though). I did find something that is somewhat close: http://www.simplicity.com/p-1748-costumes.aspx

You can alter it as much as you need to achieve the right look. Hope this helps!

kenaanna

Post by kenaanna » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:30 pm

Creating a Rapunzel costume can be a fun and rewarding project! One of the easiest ways to make Rapunzel's dress is to start with a simple, long-sleeved, purple dress as a base, and then add details like lace, ribbon, and fabric flowers to match the look from the movie "Tangled." For the rice purity reference, I'd say that starting a new hobby like cosplay could add some points to your rice purity score, as it shows an interest in creativity and self-expression. Good luck with your costume!