Asuka: Evangelion

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
great_owl

Asuka: Evangelion

Post by great_owl » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:58 pm

Has anyone made Asuka's plugsuit before? or know anybody who has? Any help, tips, patterns, or info on where I could purchas one would be greatly appreciated.
People in this world know only sadness, no laughter, no hope.

great_owl

Post by great_owl » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:12 am

This is okay, Owl is used to being ignored, why Owl works nightshift it is. Sigh....... Owl guesses she shall never attain her plugsuit now. She sheds a silent tear.

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:01 am

no no I don't think people are ignoring you. I read this post before but I have never made a plug suit before, but i can give you my analysis of it. :) If you are still interested in having a plug suit. :)
great_owl wrote:This is okay, Owl is used to being ignored, why Owl works nightshift it is. Sigh....... Owl guesses she shall never attain her plugsuit now. She sheds a silent tear.

great_owl

Post by great_owl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:10 am

Of course I still want a plug suit and any help will be greatly apreciated!
I do a lot of sewing but nothing like this before so any help is great.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:38 pm

try making it with red stretch vinyl. That stuff works wonders for outfits like Asuka's plugsuit.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:40 pm

well if you know how to sew then you can do it the quick and dirty way of altering a jumpsuit and adding poly to it. This is the quickest version so not the most professional but you can adjust the looks quite easily without too much trouble.
I suggest making the padding for the breast seperate from the costume that way you can adjust the size of it and position it without too much trouble. then you can either hand stitch it to the jumpsuit or hot glue it for convinece or even use velcro. to create the illusion of seams you can hand sew on black tubing trim to the thigh area and knee area. As for the pattern on the side of her legs just us iron on paper then wrap the sides with hand stitching for a clean look. Of course you can draft a pattern to fit you skin tight and construct the enire suit as one, but that will take much time and contemplation when cutting into expensive diving materail. I am going over this really fast when you start construction ifyou want pictures on how to do this I can demonstrate with my digital camera.