Prop costruction Help!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
pinkchan22

Prop costruction Help!

Post by pinkchan22 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:33 pm

hello everyone im already on my next costume but i've never done prop costruction before and i would really like to make the staff that sailor cosmos from sailor moon the manga has if anyone has good tutorials for this kind of prop const. it would be muchly appreciated.
http://www.serapii-kisu.net/deconstructed/manga/cosmos/

buster cleveland

Re: Prop costruction Help!

Post by buster cleveland » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 am

Heya! Search the site, here. There's a tutorial I saw here just the other day. Looked pretty good! Luck!
bc

Stabbityblkmage

Post by Stabbityblkmage » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:50 am

This really depends on the array of tools you have at your disposal. I had to make my girlfriend a Sailor Umbreon Staff (http://jfamily.deviantart.com/gallery/32342647#/d48imy0) which was pretty simple.

I used a large doweling rod purchased at home depot as the base (pick a thickness right for you, I *think* I used a 3/4" diameter)

For the balls at the top and bottom I would most likely attack it with Apoxie Sculpt (Made by Aves Studios, 2sec of Googling will get you their site) and for the actual staff head I'd use wood or plastic (sintra) cut to the general circle shape then add apoxie sculpt to it for a rounder appearance.

If you are lacking in tools, since saws, sanders and dremels are required for nice woodworking/plasticworking I have seen lower tech staves made with craft foam as the staff head instead.

Good luck to you! I hope that helps, I'm not too good with typing explanations.
Support Anime! Get a Crunchyroll Premium Membership!
Image Image

High res shots and complete work in progress found at these sites!
Image Image

brancejoy

Post by brancejoy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:30 pm

It looks good, good luck!