Join or Make a Cosplay Group in PA

Discuss skit ideas, form groups and ask for suggestions
BlueRockAngel

Join or Make a Cosplay Group in PA

Post by BlueRockAngel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 pm

I moved to York PA in August from Columbus Ohio. I had started doing Cosplay at the beginning of the year, which was bad timing. I went to Ohayocon last January and found that I love going to Anime conventions. (I’ve gone to comic conventions since I was very little and they are very different from Anime. Anime they are so friendly compare to Comic conventions. They don’t want to talk to me.) I really don’t have anyone to go to conventions with or cosplay with. (My boy friend refuses to go and if he did I’m afraid of what he’ll do to people who approach me for pictures or hugs or glomp me.) Also I would like to make friends here with the same interests as me. (All I have are me boy friend’s friends. None of them have girl friends so I do need some females around. XD)
I went to Columbus College of Art and Design for fashion design. I have a big interest in costume, I can sew and make my own costumes. I’ve mostly done cosplay from Bleach, Ouran High School Host Club and Fullmetal Alchemist. There are more I would like to make. (I’m re making my Lust costume sometime.) Right now I’m working at a candy counter in a department store until I can find a job in the area I am interested in, but while I work and there is nothing to do I doodle costume ideas. I would like to find some people who are willing to go to Columbus with me and also not be a lot younger them me. (I have a feeling every one who answers will be in high school. I don’t want to be responsible for teenagers on trips. Also it would be weird for me.) I hope someone answers this. You can PM me too.

BlueRockAngel

Re: Join or Make a Cosplay Group in PA

Post by BlueRockAngel » Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 pm

UPDate: I am no longer working at the candy counter. I made the mistake on telling my supervisor that I would be looking for a job in my area. SO, they let me go. but not to long after I was let go. I called up a shop in Gettysburg and asked then about a job. Now I work 3 times a week as an assistant to the owner. I'm learning so much more there then I did at CCAD and I am really enjoying it.

CelestianWizard

Re: Join or Make a Cosplay Group in PA

Post by CelestianWizard » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh Wow,
I live in Lititz! Which is not that far away from York at all!
"If the sun hasn't come out yet, then its just sleepy and taking some time to wake up."

"I don't want anyone to get hurt because they were involved with me."

- COSPLAYER OF:

- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
- Yui Hongo (Semi-Retired)
- Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenoh/Amara Tenou (Retired)