Anime Matsuri?

(Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, etc)
vietgirl018

Anime Matsuri?

Post by vietgirl018 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:54 pm

so... Who's all going to Anime Matsuri? I'm going as Hayate from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. Here a pic just in case you dont know what im talking about.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/v ... -whole.jpg

How about everyone else?
Last edited by vietgirl018 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

meghan_elise

Post by meghan_elise » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:00 pm

I might be able to go to that one. I'm wanting to go in for Volunteer Staff, but I can't remember if they allow staff to cosplay. I know for a fact they do at A-Kon.
Full moon sways
Gently in the night of one fine day
You were there
Smiling in my arms for all those years

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:36 pm

i dont know either.. why wont you ask at the forums? or email them?

beautifuldreamer1289
Location: 0.o why do YOU want to know? stay away from me you stalker! *runs and hides*

Post by beautifuldreamer1289 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:31 pm

hey! im going as link from legend of zelda: twilight princess! hope to see you there! and yes, they will allow staff to cosplay, im sure of it, i know the people who run it XD they lurve cosplayers
i would put something deep and meaningful here...

but im too lazy.

that and i dont really have anything deep or meaningful to say

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm

i hope to see all of you guys there ^^

hm....maybe we should meet up at the con?

beautifuldreamer1289
Location: 0.o why do YOU want to know? stay away from me you stalker! *runs and hides*

Post by beautifuldreamer1289 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 am

o yes yes yes! that would be so fun!

but im too lazy.

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:09 pm

if you guys want to try and meet up at the con. PM me ok ^^ and ill give you my cell

beautifuldreamer1289

Post by beautifuldreamer1289 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:45 am

LESS THAN FIVE DAYS!!!! *runs in frantic circles cuz her cosplay isnt done ><*

but im too lazy.

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:38 pm

my cosplay isnt done either!!!! I havent even gotten it. AH!
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm the genesis and will be Kadaj tomorrow..........I hate this con so I will not go to it next year.

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 pm

im not going next year either.
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 am

Only noobs will go back. Did you go to the cosplay on Sunday, I was one of the peeps that got that togather ^^

momo_love

Post by momo_love » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 am

Hmm.. I went to Oni-con this year, and I was thinking about going to Anime Matsuri.. but you all sound like it wasn't very good... how was it?
talking to strangers is underrated.

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:09 pm

momo_love wrote:Hmm.. I went to Oni-con this year, and I was thinking about going to Anime Matsuri.. but you all sound like it wasn't very good... how was it?
Anime Matsuri was horrible, sorry that con was way over price and treated their VA guest like shit, one jugde in the cosplay "he" was choosing only hot ckicks( one jugde told me that me was very differcult to deal with and didn't know a dam thing about cosplay) and none of the winners of the cosplay got payed except the grand price winners whick they had to go to planet zero and threaten to sue to get their winnings.... not worth the headache, ( Anime Matsuri will be on Easter weekend and in the Woodlands, they broke their contract with the BRG.) there is a rant about it that my cosplay group did on youtube so if you want more details check there;)

momo_love

Post by momo_love » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:47 pm

sephirothpaine wrote:
momo_love wrote:Hmm.. I went to Oni-con this year, and I was thinking about going to Anime Matsuri.. but you all sound like it wasn't very good... how was it?
Anime Matsuri was horrible, sorry that con was way over price and treated their VA guest like shit, one jugde in the cosplay "he" was choosing only hot ckicks( one jugde told me that me was very differcult to deal with and didn't know a dam thing about cosplay) and none of the winners of the cosplay got payed except the grand price winners whick they had to go to planet zero and threaten to sue to get their winnings.... not worth the headache, ( Anime Matsuri will be on Easter weekend and in the Woodlands, they broke their contract with the BRG.) there is a rant about it that my cosplay group did on youtube so if you want more details check there;)
Oh.. that sucks! =/ Well.. I was about to start on my costumes for it... are there any other cons in Houston coming up? I just went to Oni-con and it was SO fun... but if Anime Matsuri is in the Woodlands AND on Easter break... I don't think I'll go....

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:53 pm

momo_love wrote:
sephirothpaine wrote:
Oh.. that sucks! =/ Well.. I was about to start on my costumes for it... are there any other cons in Houston coming up? I just went to Oni-con and it was SO fun... but if Anime Matsuri is in the Woodlands AND on Easter break... I don't think I'll go....
http://www.atsuicon.com/Main.html atsui, it is an ok con, it did have problems but it was little things compared to AM. I don't know when it will be or where( other than Houston)

momo_love

Post by momo_love » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:39 pm

sephirothpaine wrote: http://www.atsuicon.com/Main.html atsui, it is an ok con, it did have problems but it was little things compared to AM. I don't know when it will be or where( other than Houston)
Cool, I'll look into it. ^_^ Thanks for the advice!!

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:53 pm

momo_love wrote:
sephirothpaine wrote: http://www.atsuicon.com/Main.html atsui, it is an ok con, it did have problems but it was little things compared to AM. I don't know when it will be or where( other than Houston)
Cool, I'll look into it. ^_^ Thanks for the advice!!
you're wellcome^_^

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:48 pm

im going back to anime matsuri. im willing to give it another chance. and from what the staff for anime matsuri told me, they basiclly fixed all the problems.

i had heard that alot of the panels for cancel. i found out that it was cancel because there wasnt enought volunteers.

you guys should know that if there isnt enough volunteers then alot of the stuff for the con will be cancel.

there is another convention called EDO-CON and yami-con. I'm one of the people in charge of EDO-CON.
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

sephirothpaine

Post by sephirothpaine » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:34 am

vietgirl018 wrote:im going back to anime matsuri. im willing to give it another chance. and from what the staff for anime matsuri told me, they basiclly fixed all the problems.

i had heard that alot of the panels for cancel. i found out that it was cancel because there wasnt enought volunteers.

you guys should know that if there isnt enough volunteers then alot of the stuff for the con will be cancel.

there is another convention called EDO-CON and yami-con. I'm one of the people in charge of EDO-CON.
Sweety, that only explans panels, it doesn't expanel the jugdes in cosplay, or the outrages prices, or even the lack of knowlegde by the head..

EDO-con where is that one at? It's not listed on the con page? link please?

KlarthIsSexy

Post by KlarthIsSexy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:47 pm

I heard that Yami-Con is a fake...anyone know where it can be verified? Because someone was saying that the George R. Brown doesn't have it listed, and I'm not sure where else to check.

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:17 pm

sephirothpaine wrote:
vietgirl018 wrote:im going back to anime matsuri. im willing to give it another chance. and from what the staff for anime matsuri told me, they basiclly fixed all the problems.

Sweety, that only explans panels, it doesn't expanel the jugdes in cosplay, or the outrages prices, or even the lack of knowlegde by the head..

EDO-con where is that one at? It's not listed on the con page? link please?
Dont call me sweety. im not young. it cost so much because of how much everything they were bring in.

now when your talking about the head? were you talking to the guy or the girl? because i know the whole staff. they're my friends. and which cosplay contest are you even talking about? the walk or the skits?
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:09 pm

is anyone from here going to anime matsuri 2?
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

DawnYuuki

Post by DawnYuuki » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:50 am

vietgirl018 wrote:is anyone from here going to anime matsuri 2?
You mean the one in 2008? I am. XD I actually came over here from cosplay.com because there's no hype for Matsuri at all. :(

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:17 pm

DawnYuuki wrote:
vietgirl018 wrote:is anyone from here going to anime matsuri 2?
You mean the one in 2008? I am. XD I actually came over here from cosplay.com because there's no hype for Matsuri at all. :(
really? thats sad.
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

vietgirl018

Re: Anime Matsuri?

Post by vietgirl018 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Anyone going to anime matsuri 3?

It's on April 10-12, 2009

a38463846Q

Post by a38463846Q » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 pm

ive never been to anime matsuri but im going, i'm going to probaly do a dance skit if skits like that are allowed over there. dunno what character from an anime or game im going to be though so its quite a toughie. It seems like it will be a fun convention to go to though

a38463846Q

Re:

Post by a38463846Q » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Anime Matsuri was horrible, sorry that con was way over price and treated their VA guest like shit, one jugde in the cosplay "he" was choosing only hot ckicks( one jugde told me that me was very differcult to deal with and didn't know a dam thing about cosplay) and none of the winners of the cosplay got payed except the grand price winners whick they had to go to planet zero and threaten to sue to get their winnings.... not worth the headache, ( Anime Matsuri will be on Easter weekend and in the Woodlands, they broke their contract with the BRG.) there is a rant about it that my cosplay group did on youtube so if you want more details check there;)[/quote]

what do you mean the person was choosing only the hot chicks.....were their costumes poor or you didnt seem them as that specific character or what was your reason for saying that? To me its very strange they would get someone who doesent understand cosplay to be a judge, maybe it was a conspiracy or something, other than that i really dont care how a person looks , whats hot to one person may not be hot to another person so thats probaly the reason the judge decided to pick the people he liked rather than the person with the best costume. i dunno im going i will be my first convention in texas though, im just hoping that it would the convention isnt as terrible as describe it to be. >_<"

kit.silverblade

Post by kit.silverblade » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:15 am

honestly, i've never been to an anime convention or done cosplay even though i adore anime and manga. however... anime matsuri has it posted that miyavi will be their musical guest this year and i absolute adore the man so i decided to go to my first anime convention :D . 2 of my friends are going to make the 8 hour drive with me to attend it and one of them really wants to do cosplay but... neither of us know anything about it. first: do you think anime matsuri this year will be worth the effort of attending? and second: does anyone have any suggestions on where to start with cosplay? i'm fairly ok with a sewing machine but... rather short of ideas.

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:01 pm

during the first year of Anime Matsuri, it was really bad. Alot of Volunteers never showed up so alot of things were cancel due to that. But the band was awesome =D Alot of things were backed up because they were behind on getting things started at the time they should. They had it at the Geroge R. Brown convention center, which was a horrible location for them.

During the 2nd year, alot of things were fix. ALOT OF THINGS!! Registration ran more smoothly. Volunteers showed up. (ya!) and when something was going on, i think they were volunteers, volunteers would walk around teling everyone what's about to start.

Now, Anime Matsuri will be in its 3rd year. I love what Anime Matsuri does. From what i see, they do what other anime conventions do, plus some. =) Like the J-fashion show, Import Reactor, etc.

Yea, I do think they cost a bit much more than some others, but i say its worth it. Plus, your experience at a con, its doesnt just envole around the con. It depends on who you go with, that makes it fun. ^_^

This year, im going to Anime Matsuri once again. I'm cosplay Ciel from Kuroshitsuji in his ball gown outfit.

What is everyone cosplaying as? Anyone wanna meet up?
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

StHoly

Post by StHoly » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:46 am

vietgirl >i'm going
as yuuki from vampire knight
can i meet up wit you? (actually me came from cosplay.com and saw you there too~ >.<)

and, probably in another convention nearest to houston after AM will be Onicon (:( so farrrrR)
i will be cospalying as ciel (not the gown) but i will have to think bout it cause i really like detailed costume.XD

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 pm

StHoly wrote:vietgirl >i'm going
as yuuki from vampire knight
can i meet up wit you? (actually me came from cosplay.com and saw you there too~ >.<)

and, probably in another convention nearest to houston after AM will be Onicon (:( so farrrrR)
i will be cospalying as ciel (not the gown) but i will have to think bout it cause i really like detailed costume.XD
PM you
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

a38463846Q

Post by a38463846Q » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 am

me and a group of my friends are going saturday

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

Anyone going to anime matsuri 2010?
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

a38463846Q

Post by a38463846Q » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:35 pm

im going to anime matsuri 2010 although the main web page that has the events and such isnt up yet.

Mugetsu Hime

Post by Mugetsu Hime » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:42 am

The main web page won't be launching for another couple of days. In the meantime, the forums are open! ;D

xXDreamCosplayerxX

Post by xXDreamCosplayerxX » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:30 pm

i wanna go to matsuri of 2010 but im not sure if i might go and since im new to cosplaying i wanna plan with my friends and what cosplays and if i can afford it and all that so im not sure if i might but if i do that would be AWSOME ^^
-Minh Vy- aka -Kurumi- or -Miki-
"The world doesnt revolve around you or me it revolves around US"

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm going to anime Matsuri 2010.

i will be going as alice from Little Sage Marron hearts (will of the abyss verison)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/v ... m48s35.png

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/v ... fAbyss.jpg

Also for everyone on here:

The band for Anime matsuri is BACK-ON.
The main website is up.
They are bring international cosplay guest as well.
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

Lokashi

Post by Lokashi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:32 pm

I will need to get my grades up and in order first, But I should be able to go. I will be going as Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji. I will be the one with the white fluff balls in place of those silver and gold coins he has.

Pixie-chan

Post by Pixie-chan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Yay! Matsuri!

Matsuri marks one full year of cosplay for me!!! My friend and I are celebrating that by doing all American cosplays!

Cosplays:
Friday: Eddward (Double D)
Saturday: Dib Membrane
Sunday: Timmy Turner

Edit: Little bit of cute trivia, actually. My avatar was a picture taken at the Death Note photoshoot last year at Anime Matsuri! My first con!! XD
COSPLAYS
Done:
Mello
Roxas
Mokuba
Dib

In-Progress:
Timmy Turner
Eddward (Double D)
Ken Ichijouji
Zexion (Twilight Town)

To-do:
Draco Malfoy
Tombo
Quistis
Howl
(AND MORE TO COME!)

vietgirl018

Post by vietgirl018 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 am

Lokashi wrote:I will need to get my grades up and in order first, But I should be able to go. I will be going as Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji. I will be the one with the white fluff balls in place of those silver and gold coins he has.
oh cool! I cosplayed Ciel (ball gown verison) last year.
I'm going as sometihng else now. Since I sold that cosplay to get it remade later on. >.<
So lookinng forward to seeing all kuroshitsuji cosplays =D
Pixie-chan wrote:Yay! Matsuri!

Matsuri marks one full year of cosplay for me!!! My friend and I are celebrating that by doing all American cosplays!

Cosplays:
Friday: Eddward (Double D)
Saturday: Dib Membrane
Sunday: Timmy Turner

Edit: Little bit of cute trivia, actually. My avatar was a picture taken at the Death Note photoshoot last year at Anime Matsuri! My first con!! XD
oh interneting. I think its been 3 years for me....or this will mark my 3 years. lol. Is timmy turner from fairy odd parents? I dont know what your friday and saturday cosplays is from.
My deviantart
My facebook page

Current cosplay plans:

Upcoming conventions:
* Anime Expo 2017

Pixie-chan

Post by Pixie-chan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

vietgirl018 wrote:
oh interneting. I think its been 3 years for me....or this will mark my 3 years. lol. Is timmy turner from fairy odd parents? I dont know what your friday and saturday cosplays is from.
Yes, Timmy Turner is from Fairly Odd Parents. Eddward (Double D) is from Ed Edd n' Eddy and Dib is from Invader Zim.
:D Three year? That's awesome!
COSPLAYS
Done:
Mello
Roxas
Mokuba
Dib

In-Progress:
Timmy Turner
Eddward (Double D)
Ken Ichijouji
Zexion (Twilight Town)

To-do:
Draco Malfoy
Tombo
Quistis
Howl
(AND MORE TO COME!)

INVEESABLE

Post by INVEESABLE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 am

Gah! I might go to anime matsuri!! but i dont know yet. I'm for sure going to Kamikazecon3, I need to get a job after spring break (thats after kamikazecon also) so i can pay my way to Matsuri...i recently got laid off from my job. I'm thinking about Hobby Lobby. If i do get a job after spring break i have to reserve the date of the con so i can get off work.

I really want to get two uses out of my costume this year. I'm going to kamikazecon and if i can Matsuri as a Katamari Cousin! Cousin Miso is who i'm going as!

Kappa Lina

Post by Kappa Lina » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Who here went to Matsuri & regretted the hotel?

fishguy36

Post by fishguy36 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:19 am

Kappa Lina wrote:Who here went to Matsuri & regretted the hotel?
I regret everything. Never returning to Houston ever again.