Big gal needs big help

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
kikideath

Big gal needs big help

Post by kikideath » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 pm

This will be my second time to the Anime Detour (Minneapolis) and I would like to cosplay. I've never cosplayed before and I would appreciate some help. :)

I'm a pretty thick girl and I have a few ideas going, but I would love more ideas. One I'm really excited to start on is GIR from Invader Zim. It's one I'd like to try to make for myself.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/gir% ... ume2-1.jpg

Two others are Chu Chu from Utena and P-Chan from Ranma 1/2, both in the same style as the GIR image. Hopefully I'm not too far off the track. ^_^

Thanksies for your help.

<3 Kiki

dysfunctionalnemo

Re: Big gal needs big help

Post by dysfunctionalnemo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:21 am

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/76 ... AHa1VA.jpg
That's a kigurumi Godzilla form, those are pretty fun to wear around and they're well priced as well :3

Hope this helps a little.

kikideath

Post by kikideath » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:10 am

Thank you very much. ^_^

dysfunctionalnemo

Post by dysfunctionalnemo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Anytime n___n

Gale

Post by Gale » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 am

I have a friend who is possibly the best "plus size" cosplayer I've ever seen anywhere. She truly has learned how to work with her personal body type and come up with creative, appropriate, fitting (both physically and character wise) and most of all beautiful costumes and has a high level of craftsmanship. If you want ideas, you can check out her cosplay.com gallery here: Crazy Flower.

My favorites are Nono, the FFXII moogle, and of course Ursula from The Little Mermaid.

kikideath

Post by kikideath » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 pm

I'll check that out. Thank you very much. ^_^