ACParadise Forums

Forums for American Cosplay Paradise (ACP), Experience (ACE), and Snapshots (ACS)
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ichimaru Gin wig help?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm 

Okay! So.. for JAMPCon '09, I plan on cosplaying Ichimaru Gin, Rukia Kuchiki, and Hisagi Shuuhei. Only problem is... in order ot cosplay Gin, I need a white/silver wig. So~ if anyone has cosplayed Gin, and has used a wig.. could you help me out? Which wig did you use, where did you get it, and would you recommend it? This'll be a big help, for this cosplay is one of my dream cosplay! I have about ..9-10 months until this convention, but would like an answer before December so I can get the wig for Christmas.

For those of you who haven't seen Bleach (God, who hasn't? <3), the character looks like this: Ichimaru Gin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:22 pm 

Maybe this pixie in white: http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/store.ph ... 536&s=H2MD
Brush it all forward and trim it a bit. Could be ok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:57 am 

I've never cosplayed Gin before but maybe try looking on ebay if you don't mind the price. Asian wigs come in way more variety of color (and sometimes more versatile style) than American ones. Personally, I like the seller cosplaywig, but there are a few others. Just be careful who you buy with, read their feedback and maybe ask around to see how other ppl's experience buying with them was, just to be sure. I hope that helped!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 pm 

I got my wig for Gin on ebay. Here's the link to the one that I have. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0100701578

I like it. I had a friend of mine help pick it out for me and the wig is of good quality. Hope this helps you out.