DC Anime Club's 3rd Annual Cosplay Party

(New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc)
JonnyStarwind

DC Anime Club's 3rd Annual Cosplay Party

Post by JonnyStarwind » Mon May 12, 2008 8:09 pm

We the DC Anime Club invite ALL COSPLAYERS to our 3rd Annual Cosplay Party.

The Party will consist of the following Activities:

Cosplay Photoshoot

Cosplay Gathering

Cosplay Contest

Raffle

Prizes

Video Gaming

Food

And MORE!!!

The Event will take place at

Alliance Comics & Games
8317 Fenton Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910

Nearest Subway Station: Red Line SilverSpring Metro Station.

From 12pm-8pm on Saturday July 19, 2008

Admission Fee: $10

Admission Fee for Cosplay Contest: $5

We hope to see you there.

For more information, please visit our website at: www.dcanimeclub.org or call us at 202 262 2083 or visit Alliance Comics at http://www.alliancecomicsonline.com/ or call Alliance Comics at 301 588 2546

There will be a place for Cosplayers to change into their costumes.

The Age Range for this event is 13 and up.

For those of you who have never been to DC Anime Club's Cosplay Parties, here are links and Videos of previous:

Cosplay Party 2005:
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/a ... ty%202005/

Cosplay Party 2006:
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/a ... ty%202006/

Here are the rules for the Cosplay Party itself:
I CANT CONTROL MYSELF~ Leave all the back climbing, kicking, punching, biting, and other can't control behavior at home.
Be courteous to all in the venue.
IF we have to REPEATEDLY respond to ANYONE that is INCAPABLE of controling themself, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE NO REFUND

IF ITS NOT YOURS, DON,T BOTHER IT.

YOU BREAK IT, YOU BOUGHT IT! 'NUFF SAID .... DC Anime Club will NOT be held liable for your individual actions YOU MUST CONTROL YOURSELF

Here are the rules for the Cosplay Contest:
1. This competition is open to all who have a costume that is related to characters from either anime, manga, or video games.
2. If the costume was made by you, you will have a better chance of winning than someone who bought their costume.
3. You must have a reference photo(s) for your costume if it is not a popular series, character, game, Japanese Street Fashion, i.e. Gothic Lolita, or if it is a character of your own design, i.e. GaiaOnline Avatar.

We the DC Anime Club want ALL Attendees of the Annual Cosplay Party to have a good time.

We hope to see you all there.

This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood outlaw and DC Anime Club Cosplay Coordinator...
JonnyStarwind
"People are like the stars. There are bright ones, and there are those that are dim."~ "Hot Ice" Hilda

Angel Arms

Re: DC Anime Club's 3rd Annual Cosplay Party

Post by Angel Arms » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:11 pm

JonnyStarwind wrote:
Here are the rules for the Cosplay Party itself:
I CANT CONTROL MYSELF~ Leave all the back climbing, kicking, punching, biting, and other can't control behavior at home.
Be courteous to all in the venue.
IF we have to REPEATEDLY respond to ANYONE that is INCAPABLE of controling themself, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE NO REFUND

IF ITS NOT YOURS, DON,T BOTHER IT.

YOU BREAK IT, YOU BOUGHT IT! 'NUFF SAID .... DC Anime Club will NOT be held liable for your individual actions YOU MUST CONTROL YOURSELF

Here are the rules for the Cosplay Contest:
1. This competition is open to all who have a costume that is related to characters from either anime, manga, or video games.
2. If the costume was made by you, you will have a better chance of winning than someone who bought their costume.
3. You must have a reference photo(s) for your costume if it is not a popular series, character, game, Japanese Street Fashion, i.e. Gothic Lolita, or if it is a character of your own design, i.e. GaiaOnline Avatar.

We the DC Anime Club want ALL Attendees of the Annual Cosplay Party to have a good time.

We hope to see you all there.

This message has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood outlaw and DC Anime Club Cosplay Coordinator...
JonnyStarwind
I heard of reports of this type of behavior at some sci fi meetings. It is prevalent in cosplay circles?