Eve boots help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
LithiumFlower5

Eve boots help

Post by LithiumFlower5 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:15 pm

I'm cosplaying Eve from Black Cat (her outfit from volume 14) for NDK 2008 but I need help with the boots. I have everything all set except the boots. I have been searching and searching online and always come up empty handed.
As you can see the boots are black, over-the-knee with little to no heal and no laces.

Everything I'm finding has platform stiletto heals, is shiny patent leather or laces up. (Basically I can't find anything other than stripper shoes.)
Anyone have any ideas? (Something that won't cost me an arm and a leg...)
I'm the kinda girl who walks around taking the 'do not disturb' signs from hotel doors.

Honor is sexy; villainy is irresistible.

ZhangHe09

Post by ZhangHe09 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:49 pm

what i would do is get like low cut slip ons and go to hot topic and get thigh high black shiney leggings and where them as a set from a distance it will give a pretty decent effect

Hope that helped

Andichan

Post by Andichan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Here is a pretty good tutorial for boot covers. It's not the easiest thing in the world to make but it will be cheaper.

http://www.sarcasm-hime.net/bootcovers-tutorial.html

If you decide you don't want the covers permanently attached to your shoe, you are going to need something for the bottom. At CVS (or I would assume other drugstores too) they sell rubber shoe covers for people who work at restaurants (you have to have non-slip shoes so the covers make any pair of shoes non-slip) so that can become the bottom of your shoe.

LithiumFlower5

Post by LithiumFlower5 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I found some boots on ebay that will work pretty good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0235356335

The heel isn't perfect but it's the closest that I can come up with. And if I get them and it turns out they don't work like I want them too I'll go with the boot covers.

So what do you guys think? Will they look ok?
I'm the kinda girl who walks around taking the 'do not disturb' signs from hotel doors.

Honor is sexy; villainy is irresistible.

ZhangHe09

Post by ZhangHe09 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:33 am

i do think they will i mean if that is the one off thing about your costume the who the heck cares and if someone really takes the time to pull apart your costume to the point where they are like oh your heel is wrong then sad day for them ><

sherry1

Re: Eve boots help

Post by sherry1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 pm

this is really a nice website and i found some useful and informative material on it.