I just can't decide--Idea Help please

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
DWM

I just can't decide--Idea Help please

Post by DWM » Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 am

Well, I've been thinking about this ever since a very large group of mine and my boyfriend's friends decided we'd go to this coming AWA. I've always wanted to try cosplaying and so I figured, why not go for it?

Our friends are going in a few different themed groups, and my friend suggested I be Haruhi for their Ouran group. I liked this idea for a little while, but then I thought...I don't really want to be in a matching group of school uniforms (and she's wanting us to do the same cosplay each day, which I would rather not). Even if I just go in normal clothes for the remainder of the days, I don't want to wear the same cosplay each day (it'd be amazing if I could scrap together enough money to do more than one cosplay).

I'm 5'4" with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I'm going to try to lose some weight and tone up a bit before then, but I still have naturally large hips. I'm also going to get my hair cut before then, but it's still going to be kind of on the long side. Wearing contacts is an option, but wigs are not. I don't see the hair as important, I'd rather have hair that doesn't match the character than wear a cheap wig. I don't really want to do something that's going to be overdone and I'm going to see everywhere. XD wow...I'm sorry, I guess I'm kinda picky.

Some characters I have considered: Rena - Higurashi no naku koro ni (the outfit with the hat), Haruko - FLCL, Yuuta - Zombie Loan

^__^;; I'd greatly appreciate some advice on the matter. Which would suit me best? Are there any other characters you think I would be better as?

((this picture is about a year old, sorry))

KitsuneRenaChan

Post by KitsuneRenaChan » Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 pm

I definately see you as Rena Ryuugu! :3

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Thu May 08, 2008 3:16 am

I agree! I just googled Rena Ryuugu and its great. As for other suggestions im lost for ideas. But your first idea is really big compared to the others.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

DWM

Post by DWM » Thu May 08, 2008 7:04 am

Ah, Thank you both. It really helps a lot.
XD I actually had my heart set on doing Rena at first, but then I just kept adding things to the list and confused myself.

KitsuneRenaChan

Post by KitsuneRenaChan » Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 pm

No prob. Are you going to be making her outfit yourself? I plan on cosplaying her sometime as well, so I'd need ideas. xD;

Either way, yeah.. I think you'd make an awesome Rena. The smile in your picture reminds me of her, a lot. :3

DWM

Post by DWM » Fri May 09, 2008 4:27 pm

heh, yeah I'm going to attempt to make it myself. Either way is going to be kinda hard, seeing as though I'm recently out of work.

XD My boyfriend and I are definately going to be the "oddballs" of the group. While everyone else is going in groups and have multiple people dress as Ouran and Bleach and Guilty gear. Him and I are going to be in our own series. (He's going as Mousse and/or Principal Kuno from Ranma).

Though I've seen a million different cosplay tutorials, the only bit of help I've found with Rena is with her machete.
But I've found lots of little DIY sites and videos that give helpful tips to clothes-making. I'm thinking I could maybe modify one of the berets I've seen made on Threadbanger to make her hat.
XD but, honestly, I have no clue what I've doing.