Help with matching a dress/hair color to a character? XD

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!

Muffy is cooler than Celia, isn't she?

No, Celia was awesome! In tune with nature!
No votes
Muffy. Absolutely. Awesome dress and personality.
67%
What the blitzkrieg are you talking about...?
33%
She's talking about Harvest Moon and NAMI was cooler.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Peaceful Revolution

Help with matching a dress/hair color to a character? XD

Post by Peaceful Revolution » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 pm

About a month ago ( for a hefty sum of money >>) I commissioned my cosplay outfit for MTAC. It's a very large peach/rose pink dress with satin trimmings and lace, the petticoat that makes it stand out, the whole nine yards. Think of a Southern Belle or Victorian Civil War dress. I also had a lace pink and white parasol that goes along with it.

No, I wasn't cosplaying Princess Peach Extreme. XD

The idea was that I was going to be Rosalie from Rose Of Versailles, since my friend was doing Madame du Barry from the manga. The problem occurred in the hair color department. I have long, straight red hair which I'd intended on curling for that 'French hair' effect. Lo and behold, as I'm talking with someone, they inform me that 'Rosalie is not a redhead'.

My problem is that I really don't want to wear a wig. I love using my regular hair (proud to be red!) and I've never had a good experience with wigs. On top of that, I have freckles, so being blonde wouldn't be a good choice for me. :oops:

The only character I could find similar as even a redhead was Katie from Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, but I don't think she ever wears a huge rosey pinkish dress and parasol. As for Rosalie, I am suddenly unable to find pictures of her, so I'm not sure if she's a blonde or a redhead and now have two friends insisting each hair color back and forth. O_O I made sure to search the anime characters database and google images, but my searches have turned up nothing. And this is bad, because I'm a perfectionist. :wink:

Erm, this is rather long now, so I'll get to the point quickly. Does anyone know of any red-haired characters that wear something resembling my dress? Or possibly do?

Believe me, any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm at my wit's end!
American by birth, but Southern by the Grace of God!

RyukoKahuma

Post by RyukoKahuma » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:40 pm

is this her?

Peaceful Revolution

Post by Peaceful Revolution » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:03 pm

That's how the friend who said she was blonde described her, yes. And that looks like the art style from the series pretty much.

*Facedesk.* I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I just wish there was some Rose Of Versailles character that was redheaded, but I'm pretty sure the majority are blonde. Thank you for helping clarify that!

RyukoKahuma

Post by RyukoKahuma » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:07 pm

You're welcome. ^^; I've never actually seen the series before, so I can't help you with finding a read-head in it

Peaceful Revolution

Post by Peaceful Revolution » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah, my friend was lucky in finding the single brunette woman in it, I think. Oddly enough, one of the characters keep calling Marie Antoinette a redhead in it amidst everyone saying "No, she's a beautiful blonde!" And I know she isn't a redhead historically. Or was it Rosalie? O_o

My friend who keeps insisting the red hair is true gave me this picture http://images.minitokyo.net:8001/view/269149.jpg which makes me wonder if perhaps the hair colors changed in the manga and television version. They've done it before. >.<

It doesn't help that I actually don't really probably know a lot about Rose Of Versailles in the first place. >>

I'm probably being confusing.