First Time Cosplayer needing help!

Looking for cosplay ideas? Have an idea but need better pictures? Try shouting here!
Harakiri

First Time Cosplayer needing help!

Post by Harakiri » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 am

Here we go.

This will be my first Con I shall be attending. (Naka-Kon) I have plans to do A-Con in May and AFW in August if I can go before I ship off to basic (I'm going into the Navy). Currently, my friend who is a experienced cosplayer is wanting me to cosplay at this convention. She's come up with a few ideas, but she's suggested for me to post here to gain ideas and reccomendations from the forum members.

I'm about 5'9 or so, and the following is me and my hair. I'd be willing to dye it, but I'd have to be able to wash it out in a day or so. I'd be more than willing to wear a wig because my school is half-ass backwards and won't allow us to have unatural hair colors.

ImageImageImage

I'm open to any suggestions, and I'm even willing to crossplaying as a male. I'm thinking about going as Tifa. Well, Cloud Bashing Tifa (AC costume). I am not a fan of Cloud nor Tifa. xD So this is my happy settling.

One of my costumes is going to be a Turklet that I RP. Her hair is similar to that of the lead singer of Paramore's hair. But the red of the hair is like...Reno red. xD

AND! I'm wanting to do a skit too...so I have to get this settled..like SOON so I can get started on writing the skit.

Choji Warrior

Post by Choji Warrior » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 pm

That skit sounds awesome. Good choices. Im more interested of that Turklet you speak of luv! ^ ^
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

Peaceful Revolution

Post by Peaceful Revolution » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Tifa looks like a really good choice. Also, without needing to dye your hair, you coul see how you like Mistress Nine from Sailor Moon, Scissorwoman from Clock Tower 3 (little hard to come by pictures of her, but I could help you out there), Sailor Mars, Rue-Chan from Princess Tutu, Mary/Maria from Harvest Moon, and my personal favorite of all these choices: Yuuko from Schrödinger's Lion.

You could dye it a dark greenish shade and easily be Sailor Pluto, I think.

I see some potential for Ranma? XD
American by birth, but Southern by the Grace of God!

Collie

Post by Collie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:16 pm

YES. I agree. Maria would be awesome!