Sephiroths sword

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
shadow_bolter

Sephiroths sword

Post by shadow_bolter » Thu May 06, 2004 2:51 am

Every one knows how long that sword is so can some one tell me a good material to make it out of and still be light

OnyxRainDrop

Post by OnyxRainDrop » Sat May 08, 2004 11:27 am

can you give me a picture with the characte4r holding it? I'm very good and matching swords and large weapons to be directly proportional to the character and look good. If you want light weight, I would suggest aluminum flashing, sheet metal, or wood.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Thu May 13, 2004 5:15 pm

well, if it were me doing this sword, I'd just use some foam and completely cover it in duct tape. It wont break that way (hopefully) and it wont break the bank to make. Only problem is that foam sucks and is kind of a mess to cut. Its up to you.
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Thu May 13, 2004 7:42 pm

There's always the foam and fiberglass sheet technique but 6ft is mighty hard to manage.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

demonslyr

Post by demonslyr » Sat May 22, 2004 9:33 pm

The sword...from what I can see it should be down to about just past mid thigh at a forty five degree angle if it's going to be positioned aross your back...so the length, hilt and all...would probably reach well past the knees...maybe mid way on your tibula. That's the length it should be if you placed the end of the hilt at your head's height. But this is the sword that has the red gem in it. I'm not sure if you want this sword.

For the other sword, the one that looks like an overly long kodachi, and that also seems to curve as you near the end, it would be PRETTY long. I would estimate about one to two feet longer then you were tall.

I hope this helped at some point.
"I'm a demon slayer but now...I feel that my life has no meaning...I'm just another pawn...like the rest of them..."

OnyxRainDrop

Post by OnyxRainDrop » Sat May 22, 2004 10:50 pm

I made a 5ft soul reaver...it was cardboard, reinforced with two layers of fabric glued on, shaped and then a good layer of paper macher made it nice and stiff, a dowel for the grip and foam to shape the hilt.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:58 am

I'm doing this for the masamune. I took my bouken sword and made a mold useing plaster of paris. I cut the end (End the hilt) and mad another mold while haveing the tip on the first mold, this will make the sword longer without any loose bits. Get a sword hilt, I'll probably just make my own, and place it at the end where it'll belong. Get a hot glue gun and fill the mold half way. Now lay down some strong wire or thin pipeing to renforce it. Now fill up the mold with the hot glue. take it out of the mold and paint.

You can even swing it a little, but I wouldn't recomend that.
We all know what his sword looks like, but if you're willing to dish out $300.
http://www.weaponmasters.com/index.html ... EM=KE-2042
It's an inconseavable peice and will be able to kill 50 people and still not break.