.hack Prop

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Haseo

.hack Prop

Post by Haseo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:34 pm

My friends and I have started our new cosplay for our next con and we'll be attending a costume pajama party thing. I will be going as a .hack character for the con and we decieded for the phootshoot pajama thing to do the people playing the characters.

So what I need help with is making the item called a FMD (Face Mount Display) we're kinda confused on how to do it because we have to be able to see through it so be won't run into people. I don't know or maybe it's impossible to make it like that. Here is the picture of the item.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Image:En-irl.jpg

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Did you try those Sunglasses that wrap around your face with fabric? They make them in Clear for safty glasses and bike riders. If anything, I can make you a set, but it may take time for fabrication.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Also, if you really wanted to go the route where it's not see through, you can also make it the normal way but keep them pulled up for wondering about the con.

When someone wants to take a picture, just drop 'em down and you're good to go.
A mouth full of popcorn will only get you so far in life~

My Lj also features various Wig tutorials now!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hemuloki_sama
Please be sure to visit my ACP store!
http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=10454&t=1

Haseo

Post by Haseo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:21 pm

Sterling wrote:Did you try those Sunglasses that wrap around your face with fabric? They make them in Clear for safty glasses and bike riders. If anything, I can make you a set, but it may take time for fabrication.
How much do you think it would cost?

If we have to follow the path of them not being see through we have no choice but to have them where they are out of the way. That would be kinda wierd being blind at the con due to a FMD. LOL. This was the only part of the costume that was confusing us on how to do.

Dark_Tiger

Post by Dark_Tiger » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 am

Yet another option is to hide a vision slit in the "ridge" near the top of the piece. It won't be extremly obivous, and it will only give you very limited vision, but it's cheap and quick.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki

Haseo

Post by Haseo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:28 am

That's an idea. I'll have to talk with my friend about some of these ideas we both may up taking different paths on them.