Anime Expo 2007

(Southern California, Arizona, Nevada)

Will you be attending AX'07?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 pm

yes!
13
72%
no...*sniff*
3
17%
you'll just have to wait and see.
2
11%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
sala
Standard Cosplayer
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:16 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Anime Expo 2007

Postby sala » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Is it too early to ask who is planning on attending AX 07 and what costumes you might have? :wink:
I like dirt.

marvelgirl
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:38 pm
Location: earth
Contact:

Postby marvelgirl » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:16 pm

i think it is quite common for all us anime fanatics to start preparing a year in advanced. ^_^

User avatar
EHeM
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 pm

No way in hell

Postby EHeM » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Well, as things currently stand. Absolutely not, I won't even consider it right now. Even if someone offered to cover the entire cost of attending. The reason is simple, they treat their attendees like shit.

Specifically, on July 3rd, they started the Masquerade at precisely the planned time, 8:00pm. The problem is seating wasn't completed until well past 8:30pm. So, sorry, if you got a ticket and arrived on time you didn't get to see the Masquerade. Now for two tidbits from this thread on their own forums.

KenjiO (AX Forums) wrote:
Zuo Ci wrote:- Even if the show started on time, it was a huge unfair disadvantage for me, because when I finally got seated, it was already past the first 10 entries, I didn't even get to see them perform, next time they have to start the show once almost everyone gets seated, it was not cool for everyone.

This is ironic. Last year Masquerade was ready to roll at 8 pm sharp but due to the slow seating of attendees, I delayed the show for 30 minutes. I then received alot of complaints about being late. Now it is dept policy to start on time unless there's a technical problem.

I'm sorry Mr KenjiO, but that is show business, people will complain either way. You apparently did not learn the why behind the rule about starting early. Now I (and I imagine others) are looking for that silver platter onto which you are required to place your head.

KenjiO (AX Forums) wrote:
Zuo Ci wrote:+ The Tickets to the Masquerade are free, no cost!
+ The show started right on time

Tickets have always been free. Your AX Badge is an all-inclusive pass to AX events.

Ha! Then why didn't everyone get to see the AMV contest? First, I have to imagine something similar to the above happened. Second, there weren't enough tickets for all attendees who wished to attend it. The badge is merely a lottery ticket that might get you into the events.


Okay, fair to say that I am just a wee bit pissed off at the Anime Expo organization. So I've been seeking redress via the traditional method (olde fashioned letters, they represent legal notification). They've failed to provide any sort of response, let alone an acceptable one.

Anyway, it is on to harsher methods now. As such it is time to start coordinating amoungst the aggrieved. Anyone else who got hit by the incident, I'm interested in hearing from you. Zuo Ci (assuming you're the same one from the AX forums), this means you. My e-mail address (when not burried in spam) is my username on this forum, on the domain m5p.com.

Bottom line, no I do not expect to go. In fact I'm deliberately planning to not go. I'm expecting to begin the process of (figuratively) burning the organization to the ground in about 2 months. I urge everyone here to boycott the AX organization and not attend, it sounds like Otakon is a much better event to attend.


sala, this isn't too early to begin planning, though most folks don't. Westercon and Worldcon tend to have pre-attending memberships available 2-4 years in advance. There it is partially an investment, they're a lot cheaper (by 50-75%) in advance and if the odds of attending are good enough, the interest rate is pretty good. For folks who are really hard core, the 2007 Worldcon will be the first one held in Asia, Yokohama, Japan in fact.

Zuo Ci
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:51 pm

Words of the Otaku Clan

Postby Zuo Ci » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:50 pm

Are you serious? Are you willing to do what it takes to teach Kenji Ono a lesson what happened to everyone out there at AX06? Its a question im asking to EHeM, its not my statement.

- Oh and please be careful not to curse on the ACP forums, you dont want to get in trouble do ya?

- The Otakusen

User avatar
EHeM
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Words of the Otaku Clan

Postby EHeM » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Zuo Ci wrote:Are you serious? Are you willing to do what it takes to teach Kenji Ono a lesson what happened to everyone out there at AX06? Its a question im asking to EHeM, its not my statement.

Well, I'm prepared to put in some effort. I've chosen a traditional means (phyiscal letters) and I will put in sufficient effort to see that method through. The method is traditional, because it is very effective; though admittedly it may or may not suceed.

Zuo Ci wrote:- Oh and please be careful not to curse on the ACP forums, you dont want to get in trouble do ya?

Sorry. Problem is "nicer" words don't carry the desired impact, or else they are curse words just non-traditional ones.

Zuo Ci
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:51 pm

The Details Have Been Sent to Ya

Postby Zuo Ci » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:37 am

Im glad you are taking things seriously, though I cant be at Anime Expo 07, due to the fact that I live far away now, still the only thing in exchange is that I am actually looking forward to attending Ani Magic 07.

Besides when I was on the AX forums, I am glad that those in the masquerade did felt sorry that I didn't get in. Although some did say that I should have registered online for masquerade earlier, though I did register on the first day, its still not fair that I didn't get my slot.

I said what I said on the AX forums to try and make AX much better, but since I am now officially banned, if AX or SPJA want my opinion now, they cant have it anymore. Besides they cant ignore everyones suggestions/compaints/issues that have already happened at AX. As the 18th standby for the Masquerade, I will never forget my incident at AX. So thereforth I totally agree to your ideas EHeM.

- You only said one cursed word, but the rest of your words are legitamite.

- The Otakusen

warmdarksky
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm

Postby warmdarksky » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:49 pm

...Isn't this why they are moving the convention to Long Beach?
Because the LB convention center is bigger.. ?

User avatar
EHeM
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:54 pm

Postby EHeM » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:25 pm

warmdarksky wrote:...Isn't this why they are moving the convention to Long Beach?
Because the LB convention center is bigger.. ?

No, they're moving back to the Long Beach Convention Center because the Anaheim Convention Center was booked for 2007 several years in advance. The LBCC is in fact smaller than the ACC. Even if they were moving because the ACC was too small, this wouldn't excuse what happened.

Zuo Ci
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:51 pm

Judgement Day is on the Horizon

Postby Zuo Ci » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:01 pm

So you say that the LBCC is going to be smaller than the ACC? Interesting, cant wait to see how the heck AX07 is going to handle this.
I wonder if anyone else besides me the Otakusen and Elliot Mitchell had also suffered any issues, complaints, incidents that happened on their trip to AX, past or present, anything is acceptable.

User avatar
sala
Standard Cosplayer
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:16 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Postby sala » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:49 pm

Okay, my post was asking people if they were planning for next year and what costumes they would be creating. I did NOT ask for this to degenerate into an argument between two people. Take it to e-mail or PMs, or I'll have the mods delete this thread.
I like dirt.

waterfox17
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:56 pm
Contact:

Postby waterfox17 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:12 pm

I planned maybe three or four months ahead, I pretty much tore apart an old Halloween costume to create my Gaara. ^^

This is actually my first year going, and I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous. From some of the videos and numbers I've seen, it seems like a rather large convention.

I've submitted two AMVs into the Anime Music Video contest (both Ouran High School Host Club) and I have no idea what to expect from the competitors or judges.

Anyone's interested in seeing one of the videos, type in 'waterfox17' on youtube and look at the Haunted Host Club.

User avatar
White Rose Assassin
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:33 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Postby White Rose Assassin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Yes, I shall be there. I have one new costume debut for Saturday. This will my AX #9 for me.


Return to “Pacific Southwest”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest