The Prince of Persia Razorblade arm Challenge!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
shaowebb

The Prince of Persia Razorblade arm Challenge!

Post by shaowebb » Tue May 30, 2006 8:50 am

Okay this year im now going as The Prince from Prince of Persia The Two Thrones. Im a pretty big fan of this serious with all its room puzzles and etc. Its a fun cosplay too because as the game progresses his look changes as he looses more and more of his outfit (can you say comedic rant involving stripping and the "Im too sexy " song as a skit? I can!)

Heres my problem. The Daggertail that is EMBEDDED IN HIS ARM. How do I attach this thing? Is there some kind of adhesive thatd work? I can make the daggertail piece easily enough out of craft foams and plastics with paint. But once I wrap that around my arm how do I make it stay? Theres nothing to attach it to.

The game is afoot! I challenge anyone in ACparadise to figure this bit of cosplay enigineering out! Winner will receive chibi artwork.

reference shot
http://lka.hu/pic/226prince/shots/Screenshot0003.JPG
Never give up

olfactory_ninja

Post by olfactory_ninja » Wed May 31, 2006 8:10 pm

My first thought would be spirit gum. The stuff's cheap as hell, and works pretty well. I made a Hellboy costume and used it to stick the horns to my forehead. Just make sure you carry the little bottle with you in case it unsticks. There's another adhesive that works even better than spirit gum, and is a little more expensive, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

shaowebb

Post by shaowebb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:59 am

Is it prosthetic adhesive?
Never give up