Lenne/Songtress-Popstar Yuna ~Sideskirt thinger help please!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Blue Eternity

Lenne/Songtress-Popstar Yuna ~Sideskirt thinger help please!

Post by Blue Eternity » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:46 pm

Okie-dokie! I need some help...

First off... I'd like to explain why I'm doing Lenne/Yuna. XD I know she is a VERY common cosplay but I just love this outfit... And because everyone does it, I don't think as many people will think it's good because there will be a lot at any convention... So I just want to make this cosplay a good one! It's my first time doing it ALL by myself (no help from mom or anyone) and I want to do it as well as I can! I know it won't be perfect... but I'd like to make it nice lol. I'm not useing any patterns at all either so I have a draw out all my own. =)

I've finished most of my Lenne cosplay, but I still need to make the sideskirt. So far I'm compleatly stumpted. I've spet the last 2 hours of my day trying to get it to hang correctly. Anyone done this costume here? If you have or if you have an idea on how to make the sideskirt please share!

Thanks!!

Mucho love,
Grace <3

Rika Nakamura

Post by Rika Nakamura » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:50 pm

What kind of fabric are you using? Maybe it doesn't have that great of a drape factor?

Blue Eternity

Post by Blue Eternity » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:11 pm

Rika Nakamura wrote:What kind of fabric are you using? Maybe it doesn't have that great of a drape factor?
No... It drapes nicely. I just can't get it to look like Lenne's. x__x The name of it excapes me and all I can think of the Chiffon, but I'm not sure thats what it is. Gah... I should get more sleep. =(

But the fabric is thin, oh.. i think it may be satin but I'm not sure. It's not streachy and is shiney kind of on both sides. It's light weigh and slightly seethu.

Rika Nakamura

Post by Rika Nakamura » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:03 pm

How is it not working now? Is it limp?

I'd try cutting out a long layer for the part that reaches her knees, attatching that to the bottom flat. And then cutting some to drap over the main peice, and to get the "volume" Of the side skirt, try gathering it a bit. Try using muslin or a sheet first, to see if it works.

Blue Eternity

Post by Blue Eternity » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:08 pm

Rika Nakamura wrote:How is it not working now? Is it limp?

I'd try cutting out a long layer for the part that reaches her knees, attatching that to the bottom flat. And then cutting some to drap over the main peice, and to get the "volume" Of the side skirt, try gathering it a bit. Try using muslin or a sheet first, to see if it works.
Thanks ^__^ I'm almost done with it... It's not perfect but it'll work for me. =D

Thanks for the help. =3