Sakura from Naruto!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
shelleee

Sakura from Naruto!

Post by shelleee » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:58 pm

Hey Everyone

Has anyone ever dressed up as Sakura from Naruto before? Or is planning to? I want to dress up as her for Anime North coming May and I was wondering if anyone have any tips or suggestions for me? It would be my first time doing cosplay and I'm really looking forward to it!

:lol:

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:06 pm

Could you post a reference picture or a link to one? ^_^ I'd be happy to help but I'm too lazy to go looking for pics.
~Kia-chan

shelleee

Here you go

Post by shelleee » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:33 am

http://www.geocities.com/ufocreature/sak34ura.jpg

Hehe here is the link to her picture! thank you very much!

kiarrens

Post by kiarrens » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:58 am

Alright, that looks easy enough. What you should do is find a simple dress pattern with short sleeves, and preferably a zipper down the front, as those can be a little tricky if you don't know how to make them. You'll have to alter the pattern, but only a little. The skirt is slit on the sides to the waist (I asked a friend who watches Naruto,) and he says she wears shorts underneath, they should be easy enough to make/find also. So... For the dress...
You'll want to buy some nice fabric for this, I'd say suiting fabric or a nice soft cotton. I used suiting for my Sephy costume and it worked very well. It looks like a maroon color, you'd need... well, I don't know how big you are, ^_^ so I'll make a general guess and say about 3-4 yards. The white you can use fabric paint for. Once you've altered the pattern to make the slits up the sides you'll follow the rest of the pattern, and you should be fine. If you need any more advice, ask! XD
~Kia-chan

shelleee

Thanx

Post by shelleee » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:02 pm

Thank you so much! ^_^
I'm probbaly going to start gather material and stuff over this weekend and start asap :)
me update you with more info when I get working on it :)
thank you again!