really, really, really easy cosplays. With pictures please!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
almsays_dreams

really, really, really easy cosplays. With pictures please!

Post by almsays_dreams » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:04 am

Hey,

i'm helping an anime group i frequent organize a trip to a convention. I myself am a seasoned cosplayer, however they aren't. What i need from you, is ideas on very simple, perhaps even things you can get entirely from thrift stores, cosplays. I ask this for one simple reason, I don't want to get stuck helping 15+ people with their cosplays. I have my own stuff to worry about, let alone helping 15 other people, which depending on what costumes i'd be helping with could get very stressful for anyone. After all, i don't want one of them coming to me and saying, please help me (or make for me) with this buster sword. I have tried everything and can't get it. Any suggestions you'd have would earn you double choclate chip cookies of greatness.

Thanks!

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:00 pm

I know sailor fuku's with the butterick pattern 5871(I think that's it) Are very simple add bows, collar, gloves, and bootcovers and you have a sailor scout. For guys maybe Hideki, a pair of Khaky pants and a white t shirt, the simplest cosplay ever I'd think, they'd just need a chi, which I am sure there would be at least one chi at a con. Those are the simplest costumes I can think of for guys and gals.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"

WilwarinAndamar

Post by WilwarinAndamar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:15 pm

"I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so.
Some things I cannot change
But 'til I try I'll never know."

~ "Defying Gravity" from "Wicked"

mian tiao noodle

Post by mian tiao noodle » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Ed from CowBoy Bebop
just need shorts, shirt, goggles, hair dye

oh SNAP!

Corvus Luna

Post by Corvus Luna » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:15 pm

well, i'm making my first ever costume for a con in Honolulu and i'm planning to go as San from Mononoke Hime. its pretty good for a beginner, the clothing is relatively simple, and you can keep it at the basics and work on extras later on when you get more experience, like the mask and weapons.

its pretty good for newbie's because incorporates a little of everything, sewing, propmaking, makeup, wigs (if your hair doesn't look like hers.) and other stuff. hope that helps!
When I see myself in my dreams as a butterfly, and see myself as a man when I awake, I do not know whether I am a man who dreams he is a butterfly, or a butterfly who dreams he is a man.
-Shoji

Skull Rabbit

Post by Skull Rabbit » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:11 pm

I think of chihiro from spirited away~

Rika Nakamura

Post by Rika Nakamura » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Naru from Love Hina, well anyone from Love Hina, and since it seems like you have a large group going, then if you stay together I'm sure you'll be recongized.

Also the theif Rikku was pretty easy to make.

Also, maybe Aerith, you could get a white sundress and dye it pink and add a small red jacket.

shaowebb

Post by shaowebb » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Squall from Final Fantasy 8 can be done with a coat a hot glue gun some fur and belts with no effort.
Never give up

WilwarinAndamar

Post by WilwarinAndamar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 pm

There's also Rose from FMA:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/ha ... a/rose.jpg

I made mine in less than three days or roughly 10 hours. You can make it by altering the Simplicity 9691 or 5959 (which I used.)
"I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so.
Some things I cannot change
But 'til I try I'll never know."

~ "Defying Gravity" from "Wicked"

ame-neechan

Post by ame-neechan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Death Note cosplays are extremely easy

Amane Misa, L, Light / Raito, Mello, Mikami Teru, Namikawa, Naomi Misora, Near, Rem

Some of their outfits vary from time to time so I didn't include photos, sorry :cry:
You're momma's so fat even Naruto doesn't BELIEVE IT!

Animeisha

Post by Animeisha » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Toboe, Kiba, and Hige from Wolf's Rain are all really easy.