bothersome armour

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
mindtailor

bothersome armour

Post by mindtailor » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:15 pm

I'm making Break's outfit from Phantasy Star Online 3. However, the armour is driving me up the wall. I'm going to look into decorative christmas ornaments/easter eggs (the latter will be most likely available as it is March) for the shoulders, but the rest is driving me nuts.

Break

Please note: This is a HUGE image. Don't be surprised if it takes three million years (or thereabouts) to load.

Please note that the two long strips of dark blue are attatched to the breastplate, and it is draped over the shoulders by those two white things (they remind me of the gear that marching-band percussionists wear- that huge metal apparatus, with the drums down in front, though on a very small scale), and the dark blue strap. It's almost like a mobius strip, you have to look at it for a while to figure out what exactly it's doing. Or at least I did.

What I'm worried about, though, is what to do about the top piece- the rounded purple-and-white parts. What should I make that out of? And for the long strips- should I just cut out strips and hot-glue the edges together? What would you guys suggest? Any other ideas would be helpful, and yes, I have read most of the tutorials in the armour thread.

I know this is horribly long- forgive me. It's just a phase where I have to explain everything in great detail just to ask for one or two little things.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:29 pm

looks like Laser tag to me...

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:32 pm

You have a point there. I've only played once (with glow-y hair!) so it wasn't the first thing that came to mind.
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:11 am

Do you have a picture of the back of the outfit? I have an idea, but it depends on how the back looks.

For the two, bullet-shaped white & purple things, I think you ought to make it one, long, solid piece so that you can attach the purple & red thing to the center of it. I think it'll be sturdier that way.