Lenne Costume

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
BlackRoseSakura

Lenne Costume

Post by BlackRoseSakura » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:09 pm

I am going to a convention and i want to be Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2. I was wondering if someone could help me like post what I should get or just some advise.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:07 pm

Yes, finally a Lenne costume!! Woop! I have a few things to tip about since I'm going to make this costume and I want to see it done right!
By the way, this is the advise you get when you have someone looking at 7 pictures all from different angles and going through all the fmvs where the Songstress outfit is shown.

Shirt- The shirt has a lot of gathering, expect to take a few hours on it to get the exact look! The Shirt tail too -if you look in the fmvs- is extremely light. Use a very light fabric that will easily catch any wind or air. If you look at the 1000 Words fmv, you'll definitely see that the shirt flap never stops moving. For yours to be like hers, you need to make it from a very very light fabric. I plan to test mine using the Yuna spin that she does in the first fmv you see of her after she gets her Garment Grid back. It just needs to be light and fluffy, nothing like the flat ones you see!

Gloves- Her arm warmers are different colors. Most people don't realize that but they are. The gloves are a lighter blue and I would suggest using a mesh fabric since you can actually see through them around the cuff.

Skirt- Strechy hotpants are ideal for this as her shorts underneath as very short and her skirt is lace. Lace, I tell you! People need to stop using a non-see through fabric when Lenne's skirt is so obviously lace!

Boots- I would get brown leather, knee-high boots and then modify them. Depending on which picture you are looking at, there are three different colors in them. In the official artwork, it shows Lenne's boot having three sections: One is the main brown boot, the lighter brown pallette going up the foot, and the light tan double layer near the knee.

Earrings- Also depending on which picture you go off of, the earring tails can go from 4 tails to 6. Either/Or in my opinion. I would go with the four tails since it's less work and remember that her beaded tails don't start immediately, they have a little rope one first. http://www.shuin.nu/real/concert/51.jpg

Hair- Depending on what you're going to be doing as this will be the only costume my hair would be perfect for, I would either buy an Enchantment wig from Amphigory or the Lucia. The Enchantment would have to be cut a little but the Lucia would need to be straightened but it would be thicker. But those are the only styles that would be long enough without adding extensions and without the bangs.

Here, I looked at these two sites for reference but on the second site, there are tons of reference images!
http://www.ffx2.net/images/media/artwor ... /lenne.jpg
http://www.shuin.nu/real/

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:18 pm

finally.... i was wondering when someone was going to cosplay lenne
I want to help save the world... if only I could remember how?

BlackRoseSakura

Post by BlackRoseSakura » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:38 pm

I might change my mind and do Yuna in her Songstress outfit. It is like the samething.

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:43 pm

changing your mind is something that happens... which ever you choose you should have fun...plus if your doing the costume i'm thinking of of lenne's then i'ld go with yuna's songstress ^.^* i don't like lenns'e skirt thing

BlackRoseSakura

Post by BlackRoseSakura » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:49 pm

My sister wants to be Rikku and she wants some tips so if you have any please give me some.

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:51 pm

rikku?... which costume of hers?

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:23 pm

Lenne's skirt thing and Yuna's are the same so either costume will be interchangable with Yuna or Lenne. Only the hair, makeup, necklace, and earrings are different.

For the Rikku songstress? That one requires more skill since you're working with gradients.

BlackRoseSakura

Post by BlackRoseSakura » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:03 pm

Sorry I forgot the costume for Rikku. My Sister wants to be her Theif outfit.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:39 pm

You know, Final Fantasy X-2 really did a horrible job making sure that all their colors were consistent with each other. Rikku's changes a lot from picture to picture so I'll just be going with what I prefer. For my sake and for reference wise, I'll start from top to bottom.

Hair: If you want to try styling a wig for this, get a long length Enchantment wig to start and cut it bangs. You'll need two packs of extensions to fill up the massive amount of hair that Rikku has and recreate her *counts* 12 braids. I can't suggest a starting color since her hair is a custom color so... :roll:
If you want to start with your own hair, go to a stylist or to a very talented friend and be prepared to sit for hours trying to get this right. You will need a lot of extensions too if your hair isn't thick like mine. I can put Inuyasha to shame! Anyway, if you're lucky you'll be able to find the beads in your local craft stores but I wasn't so lucky (No lottery for me) and I had to hand make them all from wood.

Headband: No one does this accurately for some reason! Mad Titan Thanos at Limebarb did it and it looked great! It's a darker sky blue color but it's faded near Rikku's forehead. Get the gradient work right or fry that sucker in the window sill by sun bathing it.

Earrings: Simple clip-ons or real earrings will do fine for this. Just get a white feather and dye or color the top of it to match the orange fuzz.

Scarf: Gradients are a blast, aren't they? I handknitted my scarf and worked for hours trying to get the gradients right. Good luck, you'll need it.

Top: If you can get a plain yellow bikini top, go for it, because fitting for custom tops like hers is hard and time consuming because you can't cut corners around private areas like that! Once you got the spandex top, sew an orange hemline around it for the orange border.

Sleeves: The sleeves can be made out of any standard white fabric as long as it isn't shiny. Just try and make sure they're tight enough on top so they don't fall so easily. Flouncy sleeves are fun!

Skirt: Ok, you can buy a thong for this...>.> <.< and dye it to match the orange of the rest of the outfit and then pull up the straps and fit them that way. Or you can make the straps a part of the skirt and actually design them to hold up the skirt! Just make sure the material is a forest green or brown and stretchy!

Belt: I made mine out of pleather and gave her working pleather pouches. I crafted some metal buckles but you can make yours from anything plastic. Celluclay or sculpy even if you want.

Boots: Don't even bother me about those boots since I bought a pair of white ones and totally ripped them apart to create those custom boots. Argh!!

I'll put in more notes as I think of them.

+Kohyoh+

Post by +Kohyoh+ » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:13 pm

theif outfit is the most being done at the moment...

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:58 pm

Yea, I would do her Songstress one any day

BlackRoseSakura

Post by BlackRoseSakura » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:28 pm

If I was going to be Yuna in her Songstress outfit how would I do the bead like thing that is in her hair. Not the pink thing[/u][/i]

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:08 pm

The bead thing is probably the earring. There are three ways to doing it:

-Buy one from someone that is selling it. Ebay is a wonderous thing for us Naruto cosplayers.
-Make it yourself from plastics or wood.
-Find some things at a crafts store that look like the pieces and paint over them.