Cosplay Contest for Teens and Adults in Ann Arbor MI

(Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc)
erinlibrarians

Cosplay Contest for Teens and Adults in Ann Arbor MI

Post by erinlibrarians » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:37 am

Cosplay Contest & DDR for Grade 6 - Adult! @ the Ann Arbor District Library
Friday November 7, 2008: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm -- Traverwood Branch: Program Room
3333 Traverwood Drive (at Huron Parkway) Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Break out in your cosplay finest for this special event! Wear your manga, videogame or original character costume. We will be awarding prizes in three categories: Grades 6 – 8; Grades 9 – 12: and Adult. Prizes will be gift certificates to WIZZYWIG http://www.wizzywig.com/xcart/catalog/index.html. Judging will be based on a combination of enthusiasm for and knowledge of your character, as well as costume quality and execution.

We'll also have refreshments and Dance Dance Revolution with your fave JPop. Spectators are welcome, too!

No registration is required and this event is FREE! Questions? Call 734-327-4227

smithers456

Re: Cosplay Contest for Teens and Adults in Ann Arbor MI

Post by smithers456 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello erinlibrarians,

I have an interest in going to the Manga event at the Ann Arbor library. Is there going to be one at the library this year? I work in Ann Arbor so I'm not too far from the
library. Can spectators take photos of the cosplay contestants?

I'm new to cosplaying and my first con will be Youmacon 2009 in Deaborn this coming week. I will be wearing an original Star Trek series uniform complete with actual props from the original series sets (Phaser and communicator). I saw another Star Trek communicator just like mine at the Detroit Science Center back when they had there Star Trek exhibit. I thought that was pretty neat.

Star Trek is everywhere: TV shows (including an animated series back in the 1970's), I've looked at a Manga Star Trek website, there are certainly Star Trek video games, Star Trek fan clubs (I belong to the USSIntrepid fan club in Dearborn, Mi), Star Trek RPG sites (I belong to the USS Amandora site online), and the new "Star Trek" movie has generated interest in Star Trek Cosplaying.

Please respond to this responce and if their is anyone out their interested in Star Trek cosplaying it would be interesting hearing from them as well.