Zenkaikon 2008! 10/17-10/18/08, KOP (near Philly) PA!

(New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc)
Ramothhe2

Zenkaikon 2008! 10/17-10/18/08, KOP (near Philly) PA!

Post by Ramothhe2 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 pm

This should have been posted here a long time ago..or say, starting in 2006 when the first merged event between Zentrancon and Kosaikon happened. Apologies ><;;
-------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 25, 2007

THANK YOU FROM ZENKAIKON 2007
More Than 550 Attendees, Breaking Last Year’s Record

VALLEY FORGE, PA – Zenkaikon would like to thank the 2007 attendees, artists and vendors for making 2007 the biggest Zenkaikon attendance yet. “We hosted 570 con-goers, a more than 100 person attendance surge from last year’s record of 450 people. Zenkaikon is all about the fans. The Zenkaikon staff and I would not be able to have such a successful convention without them,” said Jacqueline Reitnauer, Zenkaikon Con-chair.

New to Zenkaikon this year was the band HSU-NAMI who was one of the acts that rocked the Main Events room. The returning favorite, Eyedolu, engaged the crowd with another first-rate musical performance. Karl “Uncle Yo” Custer kept his promise to, “Make you laugh so hard, your chibi will feel it.” with his comedic observations about otaku, gamers, Trekkies, comic book fan-boys, and the like. The “Cosplay Dating Game” had contestants playing as their favorite anime, video game and manga characters. The laughter continued with The “Whose Line Is It Anyway” inspired “Anime Whose Line” where contestants performed impromptu comedy skits as various anime, video game and manga characters.

In addition to the attendees and performers was the diverse group of vendors and artists at this year’s Zenkaikon. The Dealer’s Room had 22 tables selling everything from Pocky, vintage kimonos, and T-shirts to jewelry, DVDs and video games. Artists’ Alley had 24 tables showcasing many creative talents from hand-made bags, clothes and jewelry to original art, fan art and on the spot commissioned portraits.

Zenkaikon 2008 will take place on Friday, October 17 and Saturday, October 18!!. at the Scanticon Valley Forge Hotel and Conference Center in King of Prussia, PA.

Keep watching http://www.Zenkaikon.com for details on Zenkaikon 2008 pre-registration dates and rates, artist and vendor table reservations and information on 2008 performers and events!

Rough outline of the two days' events:
October 17(Evening to late night)
COSPLAY BALL
LIVE EVENTS
Gaming Triathalon
(all starting late afternoon. This is a limited programming day, but will be well worth it!)

October 18(morning to late night activities)
FULL DAY of programming including panels, anime, gaming, live events, cosplay/masquerade, etc etc (like the normal zkon stuff, hopefully with better food!)
----------------------------------------
Updates/Edits

2008 Dates and Registration and Dealer Rates Announced!Click HERE

2008 Cosplay Masquerade Signups Now Open! Click HERE for more details!!

2008 Gopher/Gofer Registration Now Open! Click HERE for more details!

2008 Panels Registration Now open! Click HERE for more details!

2008 First Round of Guest Announcements Click HERE for more details!

2008 Second Round of Guest Announcements (BANDS and Voice Actor!) Click HERE for more details!

2008 Third Round of Guest Announcements! (Band, Voice Actor and Dancers) Click HERE details.

Zenkaikon 2008 Prereg Giveaway/Contests! You can win a $40 Gift Card to Best Buy! Click HERE for more details!!

Zenkaikon 2008 VIP Membership now available!
Click HERE for more details.

Zenkaikon 2008 AMV Contest, and Cosplay Ball, and Cosplay Dating Game!
Click HERE for more details!
Image Image

Dokudel

Post by Dokudel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Im going so far I will be bringing Dota from Sorcerer Hunters to it.
TAKII Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2006-Current
MAGFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2009-2011
SpringFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2012
Dokudel-" My love for you is stronger then my physical strength."

Ramothhe2

Post by Ramothhe2 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 pm

Dokudel wrote:Im going so far I will be bringing Dota from Sorcerer Hunters to it.
Wow, cool! we always need good costumes at con and also in the contests as well :)
Image Image

Dokudel

Post by Dokudel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Is there slots still open for the contest? I could enter that outfit for it.
TAKII Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2006-Current
MAGFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2009-2011
SpringFest Cosplay Contest Coordinator 2012
Dokudel-" My love for you is stronger then my physical strength."

Ramothhe2

Post by Ramothhe2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Dokudel wrote:Is there slots still open for the contest? I could enter that outfit for it.
There sure are! We take most of our hall cosplay signups at con and there is no limit. For masquerade there is a limit and we take signups before and during con :)
http://www.zenkaikon.com/hallcosplay.htm
http://www.zenkaikon.com/masquerade.htm

Additionally we always need entrants for the Cosplay Dating Game :D

http://www.zenkaikon.com/cosplaydatinggame.htm
Image Image

dressdragn

Zenkaicon Photos

Post by dressdragn » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 am

A preview of the Zenkaicon photos are now up on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27594459@N ... 169927078/

I'll link the full report as soon as it's up.

~Anna