Any Cosplay Makeup Tutorials?

Want to learn or teach how to make something? Feel free to contribute here!
Lunaster_2789

Any Cosplay Makeup Tutorials?

Post by Lunaster_2789 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Hey everybody! I have a costume, but now I'm wondering if I would need to take any steps into looking presentable. I'm horrible with makeup, so I was just wondering if anyone has a tutorial or a basic routine they use for their cosplays. Thanks!
~
Lunaster
I ♥
  • Touhou Project
    K-On
    Inuyasha
    Vocaloid 1, 2 and 3
    Hetalia
    Black Rock Shooter
    And many more kinds of series.

BlackKnightress210

Re: Any Cosplay Makeup Tutorials?

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 am

Hi, Luna!

While there is often a debate over many things in cosplay, including whether or not people should/are required to wear makeup, I will say that it is not necessary but you will look a thousand times better and more in character with even a little makeup on. Your photographs will look better, and I imagine you will feel better--even if you think you're not so good with applying makeup. If you still have time (I see this was posted a month ago) practice your look. Here are some tutorials by cosplayers and artists on Deviant Art that I have used in the past! Good luck!

Five Part Tutorial by Sushi Monster I really love this tutorial. She's detailed and shows a step by step process. You can likely skip some of the steps, if you're not interested in coloring your eyebrows or doing anything fancy, but her tutorial covers basic contouring of the face, eyeshadow and eye makeup application as well as lip work.

Eye Makeup Tutorial by wenquiann Another, closer look at eye makeup--which I always find difficult, so I am sharing!

Lunaster_2789

Post by Lunaster_2789 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Alright! Thank you!I do have some time since Halloween is coming up soon, so I will defiantly be in my cosplay or not whether I will be participating in the events or not. Thanks!
-
Luna
I ♥
  • Touhou Project
    K-On
    Inuyasha
    Vocaloid 1, 2 and 3
    Hetalia
    Black Rock Shooter
    And many more kinds of series.

iheartexploding

Post by iheartexploding » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:36 am

i know i do not talk much but i do tutorials however have poor photo editing skill i tried to speed up dark elf without being flat black tutorial but it de-synced the words however i think if you read then watch to catch up these may help some people,sorry my english is bad.
dia de los muertos 4 parts
[i did not think to start filming until i had a foundation and scar wax on,scar wax you apply sirit gum,then make tacky,then put scar wax and blend]
foundations used were mehron cream stick in clown white gently blended with hand,and munster grey for shading the rest is filmed slow and painful as i am terrible with video editing,sorry for the times i did not realize i was blocking with the mirror]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 538&type=3

dark elf quick "get the jest of it" make up for those who do not like the flat black,for body paint obviously you wanna shade your self by finger blending liquid latex,i generally do this to shoulders and boobs then i am heavy armored,or a male.tried to make it androgynous,forgive the wig i grabbed the first with white in it i could find and my nearest cloak and scarf for this demo
and forgive the de-synced words that are faster than the video,i am not a good video editor but if you read it all and keep watching you eventually see and know what all i did.

i will be showing people once upon a time Rumpelstiltskin with a better video camera today if i do not feel too sick,i will post it here too
if you rather dark elf broken into 3 parts i will do that as well.

i enjoy the tutorials on here i have seen and hope this helps anyone for goofing off or serious costume.

xKiYoMiNaTiONx

Post by xKiYoMiNaTiONx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:38 am

Sorry to ask in here, but are there any tutorials for how to temporarily color your eyebrows in the most inexpensive, and allergy-free way?

I've tried a tutorial I had found online using an eyeliner and eyeshadow, but it didn't help me because my eyebrows are really black and thick =(
Kawaii Kon 2015: