Ask an Anime Character

You wanted it, you got it! General posts and chatting can go here, but keep it friendly...
TheWolfBunny

Ask an Anime Character

Post by TheWolfBunny » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello, everybody. I am here to discuss my #1 all-time favorite event: Ask an Anime Character. This panel usually takes place annually every Kawaii-Kon, Izumicon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta, from 2010 onward. I am a supporter and a huge fan of this special event panel, wishing to increase the magic hoping that Ask an Anime Character will be able to appear at more anime conventions more often.
Now, for those of you who don't know what Ask an Anime Character is, reading this, I shall explain, since I love this panel so much.
Ask an Anime Character is a special panel that started back in 2010. It always takes place on the 3rd and final day of an anime convention, depending if that convention has said panel. Funny, hilarious, and sometimes, it really touches your heart. This special fan panel usually lasts up about an hour. An hour of comedy, magic, adorableness, and greatness.
Let me explain how this panel works. In this panel, fans like you get the opportunity to ask their favorite characters the most pressing questions that are displayed on the big Powerpoint-esque board. In order to do so, you must raise your hand and wait till until you come up to the mic. When asking questions, you introduce yourself and ask your question via a microphone so that the characters can hear you. You can't move away from the microphone, otherwise, the character(s) won't be able to hear your question. Most of the time, usually, there's 9 characters up on the screen, but sometimes, the Ask an Anime Character roster at conventions can expand from 12 characters, or even a full house of 15. Voice actors will ask questions as characters that are displayed on the screen, like for examples, Cherami Leigh as Asuna from Sword Art Online and Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail, and Stephanie Sheh as Sailor Moon and Orihime from Bleach. Pretty much every question brings laughter and "oooh"s to the crowd. But when it comes to characters that response in a saddened state (Crying usually), the audience goes "Awwwwwww...".
You can ask any question you want to the characters available at the Ask an Anime Character panel. For examples, if you always wondered how Goku would feel if he met Super Mario himself, if Kirito and/or Ichigo wanted to battle with the Hero of Hyrule (Link), or if you ever wanted to see Roy Mustang in a mini-skirt, now is the best time to give your most-wanted questions! But please be warn, some conventions avoid questions like the most obvious one yet... especially when it comes to all the fangirls that wanna say the following: "Will you marry me?"
There are even questions that have the following: "Who would win in a fight? You or (name of character)". Like, let's say that if Goku was at Ask an Anime Character, then I can imagine somebody like you asking him this most obvious question of all: "Who would win in a fight? You or Mario?"
But the really best part I love really much about this panel is when a character(s) sings Happy Birthday to a fan, just like you. It's so sweet, cute and adorable, especially when it comes to female anime characters singing, and it really touches my heart everytime when that magical event happens to someone like you. When you ask the following: "Can you sing Happy Birthday to me?" on your birthday to the character(s) you are about to ask, or when your birthday is about to come up shortly in same result, the crowd goes "Awwwwwwwwwwwww...." in response to that cute question. But when you say "Today's my birthday" before you can give the question, everyone in the audience starts to wish you a happy birthday, and then pretty much all the characters will start singing Happy Birthday to you automatically... as long as they remember your name. But if you ask the character(s) with the phrase: "Hi, my name is (blank), and I have a question for (character). Today's my birthday, and can you sing Happy Birthday to me?", then you'll probably be fine.
People oftenly record these panels and share them to YouTube online, so that their friends and anime fans can watch, just in case if they missed it. You should too, if attending Ask an Anime Character. I always stay tuned to new Ask an Anime Character videos every now and then. But please be keep in mind, other conventions might have this panel too. The day can even change too, like if it was on a Saturday or something. Ichibancon, Anime Crossroads, and ColossalCon are primary examples, as I learned myself. One bad thing is about this is, very VERY rarely does Ask an Anime Character get cancelled (This happened as a first at Anime Crossroads 2016), and is very unlikely to happen at other conventions. But on the brighter side of the coin, very rarely can Ask an Anime Character occur on TWO days (Saturday and Sunday are the most obvious choices) at an anime convention, like take Kawaii Kon 2014 for example. It depends on how many guests there are, and on who you request.
Which characters would you like to see at Ask an Anime Character?
Here is my dream roster:
Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z), voiced by Sean Schemmel
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) and Yui Hirasawa (K-On!), voiced by Stephanie Sheh
Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!), voiced by Marieve Herington
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch
Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail), voiced by Todd Haberkorn
Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail) and Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online), voiced by Cherami Leigh
Kirito (Sword Art Online) and Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), voiced by Bryce Papenbrook
Umi Sonoda (Love Live!), voiced by Kira Buckland
Kotori Minami (Love Live!), voiced by Cristina Vee
What you can do to support Ask an Anime Character to spread the magic is to request the panel at an anime convention that you're about to go to that's about to come up next year on the following months. I requested AmeCon and Otaku Matsuri to add it, and they loved the idea.
You can also show videos of Ask an Anime Character to your friends too.
I have some lovely videos myself too to show you what Ask an Anime Character is all about. Here are the videos of Ask an Anime Character from Kawaii-Kon 2015, Anime Weekend Atlanta 2015, Izumicon 2015, and Kawaii-Kon 2016! Look up more Ask an Anime Character videos up on YouTube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdocVYr_gY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9o7O_MCqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaDskhwi0Wk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyL8B_NbJhs

If you were at Ask an Anime Character, which characters would you like to see and what would you like to ask?
If I ever saw Goku, I would ask him: "Would you ever consider meeting and teaming up with Super Mario someday?"

Ask an Anime Character will be at Anime Weekend Atlanta on October 2nd, 2016, in Atlanta, GA. If your birthday's October 2nd, then feel free to ask which character(s) to sing you Happy Birthday!
It will also be at Izumicon on January 8th, 2017, at Oklahoma City, OK. Also, a shout-out to all Love Live! fans, Erika Mendez and Caitlin Glass, the voices of Nico Yazawa and Maki Nishikino, will be at Izumicon! Maybe they'll take questions as Nico and Maki themselves! If your birthday's January 8th, maybe they will sing for you!
Ask an Anime Character will return to Kawaii-Kon, April 9th, 2017! If your birthday is April 9th, then have whichever characters sing Happy Birthday to you!
Spread the magic and request Ask an Anime Character to be added on the events list to your favorite anime convention! (If the anime convention has English dub voice actors, at least three to four of them.)
"Now, let's go play, together...
Together under the clearest of blue skies."