Janicon

(Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, etc)
Momo_Mew_Mew-Cosplay-Comp

Janicon

Post by Momo_Mew_Mew-Cosplay-Comp » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Janicon is a Jacksonville, Florida based Con. it started November first 2007 in the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk .it's first year was hectic but had alot of good guests. We had Anime Belle, Amelie Belcher, Steve Bennett,Svetlana Chmakova, Micheal Koneful, wendy lo, Heather scott, Doug Smith, Sohlikha Wright and more for out artists. . Spike Spencer, Luci Christian, Darrel Guilbeau, but sadly Chris Patton cancelled they were the voice actors.The events included otaku belly dancing, A Lisa Furukawa Concert. Kitsuke Art of Kimono, JROCK:Masquerade, Peelander-z convert, cosplay tips and tricks. Cosplay Karaoke, what happens at the con stays at the con and more. because what I listed was just on friday.

For more Information please go to WWW.Janicon.org.

please note I am not paid to advertise, I'm just pointing out a rather fun con.

poisoned-rainbows

Post by poisoned-rainbows » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 pm

I may go to it this year. xD (2008) Even though it is another eight months away. They are going onto a second year right? :0

SUPERCON_MIKE

Re: Janicon

Post by SUPERCON_MIKE » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:36 am

Just posted on the Janicon website
------------------------------
It's with a heavy heart that we are now announcing the cancellation of JaniCon 2008. Due to the violent downturn of the economy over the past few months, JaniCon's resources have all quickly disappeared.

For those who have been working with and helping to promote JaniCon, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This was a sudden, unavoidable turn that we would give absolutely anything to find some way around.

We understand that a number of people have, at this point, preregistered for JaniCon. Please do not e-mail us about refunds at this time. Everyone's information is with us and we will be issuing refunds in a timely fashion. Everyone who registered online will be able be receiving a letter in the mail by November 20, 2008. All mailed in registrations will also receive a letter in the mail by November 20, 2008 as well. Everyone who purchased tickets at another convention will also be included in this mailing. If you purchased your tickets at an off-site location please return there for a refund.

To everyone, we sincerely apologize.

Information will continue to be posted as it becomes available.

SUPERCON_MIKE

Post by SUPERCON_MIKE » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:36 am

To everyone who was planning to go to Janicon.

It is unfortunate to hear about this turn of events. I hope that everyone is taken care of in a timely manner by Janicon management.

That being said... i'd like to extend a courtesy to everyone affected by this situation.

We are hosting Atlanta Supercon the same weekend, in Atlanta, GA - which is about 5 hours north of Jacksonville. I know it's a bit of a trip, so anyone who has a pre-registered ticket to Janicon can register for Atlanta Supercon for $1... that's right.... $1. I hate to even charge you that, but we have to charge something for the ticket agency (Eventbrite charges us 99 cents per transaction).

If you have pre-registered for Janicon, please email me at mike@atlantasupercon.com or private message me and i'll tell you what to do to get the special $1 ticket. Check out www.atlantasupercon.com to see who we've got coming to the show. The guest list is amazing, and IMHO we put on a heck of a show. Just asking anyone who's been to one of our previous events.

I hope you can come join us in Atlanta... and I wish the best of luck to everyone affected by this situation.

Thank you,
Mike Broder
Supercon Conventions

SUPERCON_MIKE

Post by SUPERCON_MIKE » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out a way to help out the artists that are being hurt by this as well... so here's what we've come up with.

We have a very limited amount of artist space left at the show... so, it'll be a first come - first serve type situation. Any artist that has paid for their table at Janicon is eligible for what i'm offering here. If you want to attend our show as an artist I can make artist table space available for $35, which is pretty much my cost for renting the table for 3 days, instead of the $100 that we normally charge. The artist table will come with (2) badges (which would normally be $70).

Like I said above, I don't have a lot of space left - so if you want to do this, let me know asap and get me your website/deviant art page info so I can get you up on our site to start promoting you as an artist.

I hope this helps out a little... and if anyone has any questions, please let me know. You can private message me here or email me at mike@atlantasupercon.com

Thanks,
mike