ACParadise Forums

Forums for American Cosplay Paradise (ACP), Experience (ACE), and Snapshots (ACS)
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:13 pm 

Hi,
I uploaded several Steampunk photos as a photoshoot. These photos are not affiliated with any anime and manga series, but they are costume portraits. I left the dropdown list to its default, but the system seems to have assigned the photoshoot to the last series I picked (Shining Wind).

This is the page where I notice the problem:
http://www.acparadise.com/acs/tools.php?t=albums

The photoshoot ID that has the wrong series is 6871. Can you examine your database and figure out why it picked Shining Wind?

Is there something like an "other" series that can be added to the dropdown list? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:27 am 
ACP Owner

That's a bug I'll look into, but it shouldn't have let you create a photoshoot without picking a series first. Basically a photoshoot needs a series in order for it to be categorized in our database and make it easier for our users to find. If there is more than one series involved, then it is better off as a gallery, where you or other users can tag multiple series to it.

We DO have a series specifically for Steampunk, just classified under Original:

http://www.acparadise.com/acs/series.php?n=1806

So I would change the series of your photoshoot to that.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:21 am 

Genjitsu wrote:
That's a bug I'll look into, but it shouldn't have let you create a photoshoot without picking a series first. Basically a photoshoot needs a series in order for it to be categorized in our database and make it easier for our users to find. If there is more than one series involved, then it is better off as a gallery, where you or other users can tag multiple series to it.

We DO have a series specifically for Steampunk, just classified under Original:

http://www.acparadise.com/acs/series.php?n=1806

So I would change the series of your photoshoot to that.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how the system let me through without a series.

Thank you for letting me know about the "Original" series. I didn't even notice that when looking through the dropdown. That dropdown is getting really long though.