ACS Convention Galleries

Having problems with the website? Can't submit your costumes? Start here!
Himeno

ACS Convention Galleries

Post by Himeno » Sun May 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Why does it require me to set a day when creating a convention gallery?
None of my photos are spilt up by day, just by convention/year.

Genjitsu
ACP Owner

Re: ACS Convention Galleries

Post by Genjitsu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 am

It's for the convenience of the cosplayers coming to look at the gallery - if your pictures haven't been sorted by series yet, they can at least think, "Oh, I wore Costume X on Saturday, so let me look on that day first".

Most of the time when you copy pictures from your camera, the timestamp will show you the day they took them. If that's too much of a hassle, you can always just pick an arbitrary day and upload all the pics to it, since there's no photo limit.

Eurobeat King

Post by Eurobeat King » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I'm having problems tonight uploading pictures into a convention gallery. I'm home now from SakuraCon and am trying to post pictures, but tonight I keep getting "IO Errors" from the first picture, and when that happens it causes the other files to either slow down or stop the uploading process.

Earlier it worked fine but I can't seem to upload one picture correctly w/o the Error-message popping up.. :| The file-sizes were small enough.

Also, before the month began, the pictures uploaded variably, like one file would upload and then another down the line would be next. Nowadays, they upload from the first one at the top, and then go down in-order. I preferred it when the files would upload randomly from the # of files you were uploading.

Any ideas what might be causing the slowdown/errors?
This.. is.. Eurobeat!!

Genjitsu
ACP Owner

Post by Genjitsu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:08 pm

We were uploading our video coverage earlier today, so between that and the con rush, that might have slowed down the server a bit. I'll look into it, but for now I would try uploading in smaller batches first. The "one file at a time" approach is a way to try to limit the traffic that comes in, but I'll see about having it upload more simultaneously.

Eurobeat King

Post by Eurobeat King » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:32 pm

ughh.. even uploading one picture is taking forever.. :? Everything seemed fine earlier when I got home, but now. ughhh..
This.. is.. Eurobeat!!

belldandyamz

Post by belldandyamz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm

help..I cant add 2 conventions to my page.
One is small: silk road anime day http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei ... 3838447966 and http://www.communitycultureclub.org/page4.html
The other con is a little biger: Bak-anime http://www.bak-anime.com/
`*Belldandy*`

waynekaa
ACP Owner

Post by waynekaa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 pm

Conventions need to be verified by animecons.com before we add them.
So we can add Bak-Anime but Silk Anime Road needs to apply there first before we can add it.
Wayne of AGSMA
PSOC
AGSMA
ACParadise