complete cosplay newbie >_<

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
kit.silverblade

complete cosplay newbie >_<

Post by kit.silverblade » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Konnichiwa minna san! :D
i'm kit and an absolute newbie to everything cosplay... so please be kind ^_^'

oookay... where to start... first off i absolutely adore manga and anime but i've never been to a convention and i've never even considered cosplay until last week when i coerced my friend mandi into going to anime matsuri '09 with me. once she got into the spirit of it all, she made it quite clear that she wants to dress up... so i've been trying to figure this whole thing out.

my main concern is that we both work 40+ hrs per week and we're starting kickboxing classes next week so i'm not sure how much time we can put into it. also, we're in that unhappy in-between stage where we're not huge an not skinny and will likely lose even more weight by the time of the conv from the kickboxing. on the up-side, i do have a sewing machine and serger that i can put to use. honestly i'd be happy slipping on a pair of cat ears but she really wants to go full out on this. NEXT year, i know i want to aim for Paine from FF X-2 but right now we only have 2 months to do this.

I don't care if we go in matching outfits or not (our friend johnny won't do it - he's just along for the ride). she's 5'5", long medium brown hair and i'm just shy of 5'8", short dark brown hair. i can post pix later if someone would be willing to toss out ideas or even tell me how to get started.

sorry for the novel-like explanation, but thanks in advance to anyone that will help out ^_^

Choji Warrior

Re: complete cosplay newbie >_<

Post by Choji Warrior » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 am

Hello there! Welcome aboard the site.
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!

Nuku15

Post by Nuku15 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey and welcome

kit.silverblade

Post by kit.silverblade » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 pm

thanks to both of you ^_^

Nuku15

Post by Nuku15 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Your welcome^^