n00b alert!

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
Demonic_Advent

n00b alert!

Post by Demonic_Advent » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:05 am

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, and I figured I'd just post here and introduce myself.

So uhhh... I'm not exactly new to cosplay... I just fail miserably at it. Anime Boston 2008 was my first real experience. I tired going as Dist the Rose from Tales of the Abyss... ... ... Let's just say the results weren't pretty. ^^'

Since then, my only other experience was at this halloween (does a halloween costume count as cosplay? I dunno!) when I did a Phantom of the Opera costume. That one I was actually fairly pleased with because the attire turned out nicely, I was able to find a great mask, and I did a latex mask underneath to create the "deformed face" effect. It was pretty cool actually. ^^

Anyways... I don't know if I'm gonna be posting a ton at first (because I'm in the midst of college application season... it's painful x_x), but hopefully I'll become "active" soon enough.

As for current cosplays I'm thinking of: The only thing I can see in the future that I'm worrying about is Anime Boston 2009. I'm going all 3 days this year with several friends. One one day, we all want to go as scantily-clad nurses (yay for cross-dressing cosplay!), another as various DBZ people (For the lolz. We just wanna run around screaming loudly at each other while someone sits in the background charging a spirit bomb for 2 hours! :P), and then on the third day, we want to actually do non-group stuff, and I'm still deciding what I want to attempt. I was thinking of either Lelouch from Code Geass, Dr. Akai from Maburaho, or Maron or Sacher Torte from Sorcerer hunters. (Oh, and the DBZ day we've decided I should be Gohan. ^^)

So... yeah. That's about all I can think of saying for now. Hopefully I'll be able to assimilate myself into the community soon enough! ^^

Choji Warrior

Re: n00b alert!

Post by Choji Warrior » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey there! How are things, nice to meet you! Advent Demon! XD
Teen and Young Rydia(s) Caramel Dansen, credit goes to Namedown!