New to ACP and a cosplay newb :)

If you want to cosplay, but don't know how or where to start, we'll try to help you out!
LillaTaura

New to ACP and a cosplay newb :)

Post by LillaTaura » Fri May 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello everyone! I just made an account here and I'm really excited to see what everyone else is up to and to hopefully learn some new things! I've only been cosplaying for under a year but I absolutely adore it! I definitely still have A TON to learn, haha!

My very first convention was Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012 and it was my first time making and wearing a cosplay. I cosplayed as an OC [the cosplay was horrible, now that I look back on it, but I had fun and got a lot of compliments so...xD] and Hige from Wolf's Rain [genderbent, wasn't recognized by more than a handful of people but they were super nice and excited to see a Hige which just made me feel awesome!]. I had so much fun and fell in love with the atmosphere of the convention and making my cosplays that I actually came to the realization that costuming and costume design as a whole is easily something I'd like to do for the rest of my life.

I was able to attend my second convention in March [Momocon 2013] and had another amazing experience, this time wearing a couple more recognizable characters. I cosplayed a Flareon [just a very simple, put together the night before we left, cosplay, but a ton of people really liked it and wanted pictures], Fionna from Adventure Time in her ripped dress [I was the only ripped dress Fionna at the con, which I found shocking, but I had a blast! I got a whole bunch of compliments, entered the costume contest, and had my picture taken a lot -which I totally wasn't prepared for so I really need to figure out poses for future cosplays, as I've learned hahaha]- I just wish I'd known about the AT photoshoot ):], and another, casual version of the same OC from AWA.

I can't wait to attend more cons!! I'm hoping to go to at least 2 more this year [AWA13, which is a confirmed yes, and hopefully BronyCon].

akibsazzad

Re: New to ACP and a cosplay newb :)

Post by akibsazzad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 am

Welcome Here, I hope you will have a good time here. As you are here you I am sure you're interested in cost-play have a look at some sexy cosplay costumes this is my site and I am sure you will like it.